Teardrop Camping Checklist redux

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Teardrop Camping Checklist redux

Postby Mike B » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:03 pm

When I reworked my web site, I forgot to put the teardrop camping checklist spreadsheets back on the site. They are there now, at

http://www.blogicalthoughts.com/zips/te ... cklist.xls
http://www.blogicalthoughts.com/zips/te ... cklist.ods

The first is for M$ Excel and the second is for OpenOffice.org spreadsheet.

I don't know about you, but I always forget something when I go somewhere. This list is a handy way to keep from forgeting.

Mike
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:41 pm

I had snagged one from the old campadk site before it was revamped... I think it used to be in an Excel format and I reworked it to fit me .

I tell you what --- a lifesaver sometimes.... I have the categories like you.... and then blank lines on the side for what to get at the store , or special items like flags, signs, decorations....

I go thru it the day and night before, then kind of a final thing before hooking up and heading out.... Sure beats standing there scratching your head saying " Now what did I come in here for ?"
:roll:
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby PresTx82 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:33 pm

:D
Last week I had just pulled my Camping Checklist from last year (original taken from your Excell Doc and reworked for our family needs), wiped off the ketchup and gravy stains :thumbsup: and was updating it for the 2007 Camping Year.
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Mike, thanks for ...

Postby Stuttgartwerks » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:23 pm

the open source format. Much appreciated here at my camp.
Best wishes,
Gary

www.stuttgartwerks.com (Coming back soon!)
Porsche Club Of America Member #2003014917
356 Registry Member #15590
Hot Wheels Collectors Member# 271683
Redlines Online Member since 05/10/02
TheSamba.com Member
Stuttgartwerks
Teardrop Inspector

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:29 pm

Bummer, Neither one works on my computer. I don't have Microsoft programs with the exception of Word. I just have WordPerfect 11. Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Podunkfla » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:58 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:Bummer, Neither one works on my computer. I don't have Microsoft programs with the exception of Word. I just have WordPerfect 11. Danny

Well... You coud just swing over to OpenOffice.org and get the latest 2.0 version FREE... It has an excel type spreadsheet too. Good stuff that program. :thumbsup:
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Image...Lots more pix here!
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:12 pm

Thanks Brick but... The OpenOffice.org site infrastructure is being upgraded and is temporarily offline (48 hours) :( Oh well, Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Podunkfla » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:58 pm

halfdome, Danny wrote:Thanks Brick but... The OpenOffice.org site infrastructure is being upgraded and is temporarily offline (48 hours) :( Oh well, Danny

Ahhh... But there are other ways to get it... 8) :thumbsup: :lol:

Try here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-too ... dows.shtml

Edit... I just downloaded the latest version 2.2.0... it took 3 minutes 4 seconds. :thumbsup:

By the way... You can thank Larry Ellison of Sun Micro Systems for this freebie... He got pissed at Bill Gates and has his software guru's recreat the whole Microsoft Office suite with new code and then Gave it away to the open source community FREE FOREVER! Just toget 'ol Bills attention... It worked. This suite has prolly cost Bill BILLIONS and will continue to from now on... Cool Beans, huh? :twisted: :applause: :lol:

friend ~ Brick
<B>~ Brick
<I>... I've done so much with so little for so long... Now I can do almost anything with nothing! </I></B>
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby Mike B » Tue May 01, 2007 10:26 am

Podunkfla wrote:You can thank Larry Ellison of Sun Micro Systems for this freebie... He got pissed at Bill Gates and has his software guru's recreat the whole Microsoft Office suite with new code and then Gave it away to the open source community FREE FOREVER!

Close, but....

Sun got StarOffice from a German company, then released OpenOffice as an open source version of StarOffice. Sun still sells StarOffice, which is supposed to be a more complete version of OpenOffice.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby Mike B » Tue May 01, 2007 10:28 am

halfdome, Danny wrote:Bummer, Neither one works on my computer. I don't have Microsoft programs with the exception of Word. I just have WordPerfect 11. Danny

Can you read .dif files? I can produce a lot of different file formats with OpenOffice Calc. Just name a format or two, and I will produce the file if I can.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Tue May 01, 2007 11:09 am

I don't really know what a .dif is and even though I installed that program Brick was so kind to offer it does nothing in this instance. This is what I get when I open your files. It's more trouble than the benefit, Thanks anyway :) Danny
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <office:document-content xmlns:office="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:office:1.0" xmlns:style="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:style:1.0" xmlns:text="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:text:1.0" xmlns:table="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:table:1.0" xmlns:draw="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:drawing:1.0" xmlns:fo="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:xsl-fo-compatible:1.0" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:meta="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:meta:1.0" xmlns:number="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:datastyle:1.0" xmlns:svg="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:svg-compatible:1.0" xmlns:chart="urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:chart:1.0"
ImageImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Podunkfla » Tue May 01, 2007 11:42 am

Close, but....

Sun got StarOffice from a German company, then released OpenOffice as an open source version of StarOffice. Sun still sells StarOffice, which is supposed to be a more complete version of OpenOffice.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID

Yep, I read that in the Register, I think... What's nice is they are continuing to update it... Cool. I like free. Plus MS Office is such a bloated turky, I rarely run it. I like AbiWord a lot better.
<B>~ Brick
Podunkfla
ol' noodle haid

Postby lcurrie » Wed May 02, 2007 3:47 am

Danny,

I created a PDF of Mike's file for you and posted it here:
http://curriecoalition.com/teardrop_trailer_camping_checklist.pdf
lcurrie
Silver Donating Member

Postby SmokeyBob » Wed May 02, 2007 8:29 am

Lynn
Thanks for that PDF file. How did you do it? I would like to create my own camping list for the items that we use. How do you make those check boxes.
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Mike B » Wed May 02, 2007 8:55 am

SmokeyBob wrote:Lynn
Thanks for that PDF file. How did you do it? I would like to create my own camping list for the items that we use. How do you make those check boxes.

PDF's are easy to create if you have OpenOffice. Just pick Export PDF from the File menu of Calc or Writer.

I must confess, Lynn, that I never thought of doing that for this spreadsheet. Mostly because you can't edit a PDF file once it is created.

The checkbox is simply a character I got by using the Wingdings font. That font comes in handy for all kinds of special stuff.

Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike
Hayden Lake, ID
Mike B
500 Club

Next

Return to Camping Secrets