Camp Fire Smoke & Your Teardrop

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Camp Fire Smoke & Your Teardrop

Postby halfdome, Danny » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:22 pm

This past weekend was cool and wet for July so the people down wind from me had a camp fire going all weekend including the smoke. I didn't realize how much smoke acclimated on my tear and gear until I got home. I had to wash the tear, screen room, bedding, chairs etc since the smell of smoke was so strong in the garage where the tear and gear is stored. The screen room had smoke streaks on the screens. I'm using the fantasticfan to vent the tear with dryer sheets on the screens, works pretty good too. Camp fire location and where the wind is coming from will be a factor to consider for me from now on when setting up camp. We had tears stacked in the area so it wasn't that simple to just move. :) Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby apratt » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:55 pm

Me, I love the smell of campfire. I guess for some it can be too strong.
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:07 pm

Good point Danny...at Mendocino...I had to move my tear as I was too close to the main campfire ring and in the morning I had ash all over the exterior of it...No marks, but ash can be caustic and potentially leave marks in a mill finish aluminum over time especially with some moisture and some of the hot embers could have made a mark in the auto clear finish on mine...Better safe than sorry, so I moved. Not a big problem if it's just you and a small fire, but with a large group and about a cord of wood to burn, trying to outdo the other guys on the size of the fire and plenty of adult beverages....well, anyway I moved....Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to Camping Secrets