Foodsaver is the BEST of the camper's preparation tools...

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby CAJUN LADY » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 pm

rebapuck wrote:I use my Foodsaver for meats. I think it does a terrific job. But on occasion, when an item thaws, the bag is no longer tight to the meat. It's not freezer burned, just loose in the bag. Did I not seal it right?

Yes you sealed it right...that just happens sometimes when meat thaws. I really am enjoying that Reynolds Seal Vac handheld thingy. The thing I life best is that I can use the amount I need (onions, rice, flour, cheese, etc.), close and reseal it again.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby jamesm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:52 pm

Ron Dickey wrote:I got one today going camping at end of april and will use iit.
for those who are looking for one in walmart it is not with the food vacs but with the papertowels, alum foil, and zip locks. paid around 15 for Vac 1 box small bags and 1 box large bags.
Thanks for the tip .....
Ron d. ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tip Ron...heading to Wally world now!
jamesm
Teardrop Master

Postby james09780 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:00 am

We have went thru 2 food savers and a couple of different models. We nornally take 4 or 5 deer a year and a beef. We seal everything and it stays fresh for years. I have some meat 3 years old and when we fix it it taste just like it was frozen yesterday.

I am a person that likes fresh fish and not frozen. We tried sealing it and when we fixed it 2 months later it was just like I caught it that day.

I use it for everything from pictures to bullets and jeep parts that I need clean on the trail.

The only thing I wish it had was a bigger seal. I like the commercial ones that do have a 1/2 inch seal so that is what i am getting next.
james09780
Teardrop Inspector

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:35 pm

james09780 wrote:We have went thru 2 food savers and a couple of different models. We nornally take 4 or 5 deer a year and a beef. We seal everything and it stays fresh for years. I have some meat 3 years old and when we fix it it taste just like it was frozen yesterday.

I am a person that likes fresh fish and not frozen. We tried sealing it and when we fixed it 2 months later it was just like I caught it that day.

I use it for everything from pictures to bullets and jeep parts that I need clean on the trail.

The only thing I wish it had was a bigger seal. I like the commercial ones that do have a 1/2 inch seal so that is what i am getting next.

My mom wishes these were around when we used to hunt. Everything was wrapped in freezer paper back then.
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets