whats for dinner folks? when you go teardroppin.

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby sushidog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Here's DW getting ready to eat a meal I prepared in the Chisos Basin CG, in Big Bend NP on my last vacation.

Image

There was a fire ban so I cooked it on this: :Flippin Burger:

Image

Image

Easy to prepare, fast clean-up and tasty too!

Chip
User avatar
sushidog
Teardrop Advisor
 
Posts: 91
Images: 116
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: Abita Springs, Louisiana

Postby caseydog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:23 pm

mikeschn wrote:I wish I had taken a picture when I flipped it over. It looked really good then. I had the criss cross pattern from the grill cause I rotated it 90 degrees, plus it browned really nice... :oops:

I'll do a better job taking pictures next time (I hope!)

Mike...


Ribeye is my favorite steak. Yum! :applause:

CD
Image

My build journal is HERE
User avatar
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 12409
Images: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 pm

Postby caseydog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Here is another easy one for camp grilling.

I skewer some cheap beef with onion wedges, and on separate skewers, I put sweet bell peppers (yellow and orange peppers are sweeter) and mushrooms. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Season the meat and onions with salt and pepper.

Do the veggies on separate skewers so you can cook the meat skewers longer than the veggies.

Easy, and pretty cheap. And, women like this meal. ;)

Image

CD
Image

My build journal is HERE
User avatar
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 12409
Images: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:34 pm

caseydog wrote:Here is another easy one for camp grilling.

I skewer some cheap beef with onion wedges, and on separate skewers, I put sweet bell peppers (yellow and orange peppers are sweeter) and mushrooms. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Season the meat and onions with salt and pepper.

Do the veggies on separate skewers so you can cook the meat skewers longer than the veggies.

Easy, and pretty cheap.

Image

CD


That looks like a good plan. I'll have to remember that!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19128
Images: 468
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby caseydog » Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

mikeschn wrote:
caseydog wrote:Here is another easy one for camp grilling.

I skewer some cheap beef with onion wedges, and on separate skewers, I put sweet bell peppers (yellow and orange peppers are sweeter) and mushrooms. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Season the meat and onions with salt and pepper.

Do the veggies on separate skewers so you can cook the meat skewers longer than the veggies.

Easy, and pretty cheap.

CD


That looks like a good plan. I'll have to remember that!

Mike...


BTW, this is a meal I can prep ninety-percent at home and pack into Gladware, so all I have to do at camp is assemble my skewers and cook them. :thumbsup:

CD
Image

My build journal is HERE
User avatar
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member
 
Posts: 12409
Images: 515
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:44 pm
Top

Postby mikeschn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Do you ever make Chuck Wagon Stew? That's pretty easy too. And it looks pretty fancy hanging on a tripod; like deceiver just made...

Image

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
User avatar
mikeschn
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19128
Images: 468
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:01 am
Location: MI
Top

Postby revbigjohn » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:43 pm

caseydog wrote:
mikeschn wrote:I wish I had taken a picture when I flipped it over. It looked really good then. I had the criss cross pattern from the grill cause I rotated it 90 degrees, plus it browned really nice... :oops:

I'll do a better job taking pictures next time (I hope!)

Mike...


Ribeye is my favorite steak. Yum! :applause:

CD


:thumbsup: There's nothing better than a nice think blood red Ribeye on the grill.
John

Image
User avatar
revbigjohn
Teardrop Inspector
 
Posts: 21
Images: 11
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:29 pm
Location: North Central Illinois
Top

Postby Ratkity » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:42 am

Wow, I love food porn! I had to get off the campcook site cuz I was seriously thinking of cooking some stuff LOL. I'm a great baker, but not a good cook.

Hugs,
Ratkity
Ratkity
Gold Donating Member
 
Posts: 1065
Images: 0
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 1:01 pm
Top

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest