Whata ya all do with your shoes when you go to sleep????

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby parnold » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:28 pm

I have a basket hanging on the wall inside, I bang off the dirt/sand/whatever, and throw the shoes in the basket. Haven't had a mud problem yet, probably would use a plastic garbage bag, and the basket on the wall.

parnold
Donating Member

Postby SandyD » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:20 pm

I have some extra room at the foot of my bed and left to right I keep some extra plastic bags; then my "cold box" that has my camping shoes, rain coat, mittens, socks; then my extra down blanket, and to the right not pictured is my personal items bag.

Sometimes I just take the shoe bag out of the box and hang it up if I'm using them a lot.

You can tell I'm from Minnesota, the down blanket is tucked below the air conditioner :D
Sandy

It's the Little Things that Getcha !!
ImageImageImage
SandyD
Teardrop Master

Postby wannabefree » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 pm

We have plastic shoe boxes that sit on the ledge behind our heads.
In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
wannabefree
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:54 pm

...we have a couple of rubbermaid boxes with latching tops...add a couple of door mats...sit on door sill and put shoes in box and slide under tear...the wife keeps a pair of flip-flops on the door mat for late nite runs to the potty tent...cheap, keeps dirty shoes out of tear and of course...it works for us..............................
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Arne » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:13 am

you can put a couple of tracks under the bottom of the tear, and hang your containers in the tracks so you can slide them in and out as needed.. while traveling, put the containers inside the t/d...
www.freewebs.com/aero-1
---
I hope I never get too old to play (Arne, Sept 11, 2010)
Arne
Mr. Subject Line

Postby Oasis Maker » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:04 pm

Sterilite Containers - sold at Walmart. Prevents scorpion surprises out here in the desert and as others have said, slides right under the teardrop doors and makes a great foot rest too. (Raises your thighs off the door edge.)

Get his and hers... or his and his if that's your thing.

Scott

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 am

Arne wrote:you can put a couple of tracks under the bottom of the tear, and hang your containers in the tracks so you can slide them in and out as needed.. while traveling, put the containers inside the t/d...

Reo-Ron did the same thing, as your sitting down with your feet outside reach between your legs and you have a "drawer" hanging from the bottom of the trailer there under the door. No dirty shoes in the cabin.
His drawer was just a cheap Sterlite or Rubbermaid dish pan, and simple hangers . The "track" holds the lip of the dishpan. Could do same thing with your plastic sweater box etc, if there is enough of a lip.

Ready to pack up? slide it out and set it in the cabin. Even if you drive off with the drawer still attached, it likely won't come out anyway.
Sorry , can't find a pic.

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 am

Here is one Erv did for his "junk" drawer. I am gonna steal this idea ne of these days.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:39 pm

SC, here is a pic with the RubberMaid boxes and floor mats...in the wild no less!!!!................ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby notned » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:00 pm

Shoes in the car. Generic crocs on the fender for midnight walks.
notned
Donating Member

Box for shoes

Postby ssrjim » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:17 pm

On trailer one I had a compartment under the door. I've been thinking of doing a wire basket similar version for #3.

ssrjim
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby CliffinGA » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks all as this was something I was curious about as we're taking ours for the first trial trip next weekend. Went to wally world and got one the sterilite boxes with latches for $4.00. But now that I've seen that drawer and I have like 5 drawer boxes that I've kept from some of the services where I had to change out the drawers, I'll add that after this next weekend.

Cliff :thumbsup:
In God we trust, shoot the rest and he will sort out!

My Build:

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42628
CliffinGA
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

FACTORY TRAILER INDEED...bite your tongue right off...I did that and it is not paint!!!! What it is, is Vietnam era Tiger Stripe camo cloth embedded in about 9,827(give or take a few) coats of epoxy...even have curtains to match...and yes, that is an oil lamp on the side...got one that matches on the other side too...they are the kind designed to hang off a wall with a couple of screws...the top hole is a keyhole slot type and I use a screw in the wall for the top and a piece of velcro on the bottom to hold it in place...this allows us to remove them for traveling...I also use a couple of old red lanterns around the campsite, I much prefer the oil lamps over gas or propane since they may no noise at all and make for MUCH softer lighting...not to mention the option of citronella oil for bug control in the summer time...other things to note...the "Green Man" bottle opener on the rear of the wall near the walking stick and our "pet crow" on top...oh yeah, a 6pk of Becks on the front box and rain diverter over the window(they work wonderfully well)...one of these days, I may even paint the top and wheels...............................
madjack 8)
madjack
Site Admin

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 am

CliffinGA wrote:Thanks all as this was something I was curious about as we're taking ours for the first trial trip next weekend. Went to wally world and got one the sterilite boxes with latches for $4.00. But now that I've seen that drawer and I have like 5 drawer boxes that I've kept from some of the services where I had to change out the drawers, I'll add that after this next weekend.

Cliff :thumbsup:

Take some pics Cliffy ........

I might want to steal more ideas :twisted:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby tearhead » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Doormats and bins (no lids, but we don't have scorpions in Wisconsin). If you slide the bin under the tear, it stays dry in the bin.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Next

Return to Camping Secrets