Whata ya all do with your shoes when you go to sleep????

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby slowcowboy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 pm

Nice paint job madjack. you do that exteror color job yourself or is it a factory trailer? I like the set up and the looks like a kersone lamp on the side. Now thats a great setup. I call that teardroppin alright. I probaly do the rubber made set up this summer. I amit I am going though wood and plans in my head for that drawer under the frame bob henry was talking about. Its I think in the future this winter though. depends on how much I make ranching and farming this summer and wether I can get back into the finaced crowed instead of the free club. My thoughts. Slowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:29 pm

FACTORY TRAILER INDEED...bite your tongue right off...I did that and it is not paint!!!! What it is, is Vietnam era Tiger Stripe camo cloth embedded in about 9,827(give or take a few) coats of epoxy...even have curtains to match...and yes, that is an oil lamp on the side...got one that matches on the other side too...they are the kind designed to hang off a wall with a couple of screws...the top hole is a keyhole slot type and I use a screw in the wall for the top and a piece of velcro on the bottom to hold it in place...this allows us to remove them for traveling...I also use a couple of old red lanterns around the campsite, I much prefer the oil lamps over gas or propane since they may no noise at all and make for MUCH softer lighting...not to mention the option of citronella oil for bug control in the summer time...other things to note...the "Green Man" bottle opener on the rear of the wall near the walking stick and our "pet crow" on top...oh yeah, a 6pk of Becks on the front box and rain diverter over the window(they work wonderfully well)...one of these days, I may even paint the top and wheels...............................
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
madjack
Site Admin

Postby slowcowboy » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 pm

wonderful! love the paint job Madjack. I didin't mean to offend on the factory job remark I meant I knew it must be a custom job but meant it was done so good that it looked factory.

Neato Idea. its a wonder what one can do with epoxy. Looks a heck bettor than the pain can job I done with walmart paint on a camaflage paint job on my jon boat. I think your epoxy job looks wonderful. I do like your set up a lot. I might get tempted on building a larger teardrop some day too. I like the walking stick.

Folks would crap if I bought mine along It is a bright green plastic cane that I use for working cows. It is made by a ranch and farm store manafacture for use on cows. It flexs made out of hard plastic so it don't break. We ranchers like them for the guys that loose there temper when working cows. they can beat the cows all they want and not break the cane. You just bend them back into shape.

I though like to take my cattle working cane out when I go for a walk in the morings in my cow pasture. I would be noticed I bet if I attend a teardrop gathering with the thing as it is about a john deer green in color cane.

any way I like your set up and love the camon job on the teardrop. My thoughts, slowcowboy. Neat idea on epoxy and camflage cloth.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby bobhenry » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:13 am

CliffinGA wrote:Thanks all as this was something I was curious about as we're taking ours for the first trial trip next weekend. Went to wally world and got one the sterilite boxes with latches for $4.00. But now that I've seen that drawer and I have like 5 drawer boxes that I've kept from some of the services where I had to change out the drawers, I'll add that after this next weekend.

Cliff :thumbsup:

Take some pics Cliffy ........

I might want to steal more ideas :twisted:
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
9000 Club
9000 Club

Postby tearhead » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:16 pm

Doormats and bins (no lids, but we don't have scorpions in Wisconsin). If you slide the bin under the tear, it stays dry in the bin.
Pat from Wisconsin
tearhead
Platinum Donating Member

Postby gregp136 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:26 am

Just got back from our first trip. I put my shoes under the trailer, and Laurie put her flip flops on the fender.

Greg (and Laurie)
gregp136
The 300 Club

Postby Oasis Maker » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:44 pm

If deciding to build an attached drawer underneath your tear, I would take close note of how much that will reduce your clearance, particularly in your "approach angle."

I often times find myself (slowly) going over rocks that are 8 inches tall in the desert as well as dips, etc. For reference, the container in MJ's pic is 8" tall and if that were a rock it would rip an attached draw to pieces. It may not ever come up in normal campgroud parking, but even parking lots have those bump stops that you might want to go over.

Just remember the box is there and always know your rig ... and speaking of rigs, VERY NICE MJ. :applause:

Scott

Jeeping, Teardropping, and Cycling!......Where To Next?
Jeep Wave>> :peace: <<Jeep Wave
Oasis Maker
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:58 pm

We put our shoes in this thing. A Goodwill special for $1.99

God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures

Image Image
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:47 pm

Ture on clearence oasis maker. I do have a lot of very high clearence under my rig. I might not go that deep though on a drawer. Just have to see with a tape measer some day. it would be under the door and almost to the wheels axle. It would probaly not be deeper than my axle. so I might be safe. I am probaly not going to high center on the floor of my teardrop next to the axle. and I have 15 inch tires under my teardrop so I do have lots of clearence. I am not that very low slung as a lot of teardrops.

I really don't know I will just have to get a tape out and look it over first. You do have a very good point on clearence on a underneath drawer. Slowcowboy.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:15 am

...thanks Scott, ...I may even get the galley done this summer(after 3yrs)...here is a better version of that pic...can see detail a little better...(yeah, I'm braggin')............
madjack 8)

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
madjack
Site Admin

Postby timlsalem » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:47 am

When I'm camping I don't wear shoes I wear flipflops and I find it's easiest to just leave them outside by the door.
KIA'S--MIA'S--POW'S--DAV'S--are what our freedom cost us
timlsalem
Teardrop Master

Postby rboser » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:01 am

madjack wrote:...thanks Scott, ...I may even get the galley done this summer(after 3yrs)...here is a better version of that pic...can see detail a little better...(yeah, I'm braggin')............
madjack 8)

That is a fine looking tear - great job on this! I especially like the beverage shelf! :applause:
-Bob
Camp-Inn 560
rboser
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets