RV Resorts

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

RV Resorts

Postby Clipper » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Will I encounter RV Resort managers who'll descriminate against a Teardrop Trailer?
Clipper
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:53 pm

Depends on where you go. A lot of them will do that if they have repeat customers... I call before I go!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm

It was my good fortune to find just the opposite, curious park managers holding up a line of RV's to inspect the teardrop from one end to the other and making sure we got just the right place close to the bath house with a good view and not next to a big RV's sewer connection. :D

Many RV park workers don't seem to relate to the "Well to Do" in their $100,000 diesel pushers
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Blumie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 am

We've encountered numerous RV park operators who just don't know where to assign our teardrop: we're not really tent campers (who get the little grass strip by a back fence, where the RVers walk their dogs!) but we don't want to pay for hookups and we don't really look right, parked between giant motor homes. Usually they prefer we take a tent space, and leave the sites with utility hookups for the RVs. We'll take the back fence, tent spots almost any day, as all the motor homes have little yappy dogs who stand in their doorways and bark any time we walk around our campsite!
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby Clipper » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Like to add that we're not resort people but every once and awhile by choice, (hot shower, hotter food & movie) or by necessity we had to stay at a resort was wondering if in some areas we would be aked to turn around.
Clipper
Donating Member

Postby Wolffarmer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:09 pm

blumie wrote:We've encountered numerous RV park operators who just don't know where to assign our teardrop: we're not really tent campers (who get the little grass strip by a back fence, where the RVers walk their dogs!) but we don't want to pay for hookups and we don't really look right, parked between giant motor homes. Usually they prefer we take a tent space, and leave the sites with utility hookups for the RVs. We'll take the back fence, tent spots almost any day, as all the motor homes have little yappy dogs who stand in their doorways and bark any time we walk around our campsite!

The few times i have stayed at an RV park they don't know where to put us so they put us in the high priced sites with the RVs and walk away smiling like the cat that ate a canary. "Its gots wheels. NOT a tent"

Most won't discriminate against you. Just take your money.

Randy
"these guys must be afraid of the dark"
Wolffarmer
Donating Member

Postby Blumie » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 pm

It's understandable that a park operator would want to maximize his site rental income. We've never been turned away from a RV park, even when we've posed a temporary quandary for the person at the park registration desk.
Blumie
Silver Donating Member

Postby T@Baker » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:10 pm

I had a 2-day seminar to attend and was planning to take my T@B, so while visiting that town a few months in advance of the seminar, I popped into a campground that was located very close to my seminar site. I don't know if I'd term it an RV resort, but it was mostly the big Class A's because they were near an interstate.

I told them I had a tear and explained my plans, and that I wanted to find where they were located and look around. I was told it was "a very busy place, with many people walking about", and that I could walk through but not drive. On my short walk I saw 4 trailers and not one person. I made up my mind that day that I wouldn't stay there. I just didn't feel welcome.

The night before my seminar I stayed in the motel parking lot where my seminar was to be held. The second night I decided to visit the campground again. To my surprise, they loved my little trailer and welcomed me with open arms. I was lead to my site by an all-terrain vehicle, and he made certain I had everything I needed. It turned out to be a great experience. :)
Crystal -
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh, crap. She's up."
T@Baker
Teardrop Master

Return to Camping Secrets