Block ice

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby Wimperdink » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:38 am

slowcowboy wrote:
On a ranch you save water like in 50 gallon milk jugs in case your houses plumb messes up or plugs up.

you never know when you are not going to have the abilty to use your houses plumbing for drinking water on a ranch.

Slowcowboy.

Not the ranch I worked on as a kid. I'd say its time to update your well/pump/plumbing if your having to keep 50 gallon milk jugs full of water.

john warren wrote: make you ice in a square tupperware container.

:thumbsup: Doesn't use a lot of room to restack tupperware, and you get your cubes.

Sorry I'm not help for what you can do away from home short of camp in winter in the north... stop by a frozen lake and cut out a block of ice, then sit and fish in said square hole for a bit before ya turn in. :lol:
Image You know a man is on the level if his bubble is in the middle.
Wimperdink
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby hoytedow » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:45 am

We use the sterilite tapered nesting plastic boxes. We use them to keep the food dry in the ice box(they have overlapping lids) and as they are emptied we just nest them together so they conserve space. You can also freeze ice in them as they are tapered. Even if they occasionally crack it is no heart-ache because they are so inexpensive.Image
Happy trails,
Hoyt
hoytedow
Teardrop Master

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets