How much water? Also, vintage style storage solutions.

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Postby DragonFire » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:10 pm

I think he's looking for a cool vintage look to water storage rather than just how to carry water in a tear.

But I agree with some of the ideas...bring it in a modern container and hide it in a vintage or vintage-look cooler, etc. Or pour it into a smaller vintage container when nobody is looking..

I can't think of a good answer. Vintage water coolers would be good, maybe one of those iced tea/lemonade containers (glass) with a spigot for drinking water. I don't mean a sun tea jar, but one of the nice ones on a stand. A 'southern living' type of thing...

You are going with a '46 theme? I'll think about this one. I take it you are kind of Deco Society folk. My trailer is kind of the same but, um, 70's! Vintage Melmac, tupperware, lots of woodgrain stuff (including the silverware), crochet blankets. Not that I don't like the older stuff..I do, but somehow when I was given the big trailer I fell into the 70's theme.

I'll do some searching and ask my Mom what folks did for picnics back then. Probably some kind of tartanware coolers.

Good luck! I totally get the theme camping thing!! See you at a meet sometime!!
'79 Grasshopper
Coleman Keepers 200a Gang
DragonFire
Donating Member

Postby Catherine+twins » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Expensive, but interesting:

http://lifewithoutplastic.com/boutique/ ... p-381.html

I think I saw this one on Amazon for just a bit less. This site shows a 6.6 gal one as well, but it is sold out. Amazon doesn't even show that one.

Catherine
Build Thread Penguino II: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=54919
Build Thread Penguino I: viewtopic.php?t=44431
"Oh, let's just stay here and sing camp songs for a while." 1966, My mom in Isle Royale, MN, in a women's bath house with a momma bear and two cubs outside the door, and three tired kids trapped inside
"Dad! Dad! There's a bear outside!" 1967, Lolo Hot Springs, MT, in a tent-top trailer
"Oh, no, there it goes!!" Nov 10, 2012 as Penguino I blew over in high winds
Catherine+twins
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets