RV Omelets

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

wow

Postby oklahomajewel » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:58 pm

Glad everybody posted their results! I haven't tried it yet, but will definitely do that when I'm out camping. I'm glad I actually posted something y'all could use! teehee ;)
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby igofshn » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:46 am

I've been doing the "Omelette in a bag" for a long time. Make sure you use good zip locks, not the cheapies. I also take them out about half way done and push the center. This helps get the center cooked evenly.
igofshn
Teardrop Builder

Postby cubby_1969 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:47 am

The Egg in a bag has been a scouting favorite for years. There's a bunch more like bacon & eggs in a paper bag, foil pouch meals, and ice cream. Yes, home made ice cream. :thumbsup:

Use 2 bags. One, you put your ice cream ingredients in. The other you put rock salt and ice in. Put your ice cream bag inside your ice bag and shake, shake, shake. Great for kids. You can make larger quantities with 2 buckets (small & large), then have the kids roll the bucket back and forth. You can wash clothes in a bucket too. Just use a different bucket, put clothes, water, & soap in and roll it around a while.

I've put together some utensiless cooking, foil packet, and dutch oven recipe books. If you want any, email me off list & I'll send it to you. I got all these recipes from other camping friends.

Duane
dwaldrich (at) armstrong.com (change the (at) to @)
Lancaster, PA
cubby_1969
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:00 am

hey Duane, why don't you post some of those recipes/tricks in the recipes section...we would all like to use 'em
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby cubby_1969 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:15 am

hey Duane, why don't you post some of those recipes/tricks in the recipes section...we would all like to use 'em
madjack

I would, but there are a ton of them. The Dutch Oven file is up over 80 pages now. I'd be happy to post them if there was a files section. Maybe I'll see if they fit on my home page. I'll let ya'all know if it works.

Duane
Lancaster, PA
cubby_1969
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:30 am

well in that case just pick out some real goodies and post'em 1 or 2 at a time...ya doan gots ta do'em all at once ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby cubby_1969 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:44 am

OK, I posted them on my webpage. Most are in DOC format for word. Excuse any spelling errors etc, and they aren't organized very well, but you should find lots of good recipes.

These are all recipes from other campers. The information was given freely, so please don't sell, change, etc. I've tried to give the source where possible.

http://tinyurl.com/8hk57

Duane
Lancaster, PA
cubby_1969
Teardrop Inspector

Re: RV Omelets

Postby Steve_Cox » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 am

oklahomajewel wrote:ZIPLOC OMELETS"

Have you ever heard of this? I haven't , but it sounds like a great idea!

[/u]

But can you make a crab quiche in a ziplock bag?? Do real men eat quiche? I am putting an oven in my teardrop cause I've got a really great Crab Quiche recipe. Might even work in a Dutch Oven.

Steve 8)
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:44 pm

TomS wrote: I'm a big-time skeptic when it comes to UFO, big-foot, conspiracy theories and the like.

There are people who don't believe in Teardrops either. Don't feel bad. Wouldn't it be neat to see a UFO and have the inhabitants go bonkers over :? the teardrop? :oops: :thinking:
Heck; Bigfoot might need a place to stay. :thumbsup:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby wants-a-tear » Thu May 11, 2006 1:09 am

cubby_1969 wrote:OK, I posted them on my webpage. Most are in DOC format for word. Excuse any spelling errors etc, and they aren't organized very well, but you should find lots of good recipes.

These are all recipes from other campers. The information was given freely, so please don't sell, change, etc. I've tried to give the source where possible.

Duane

Hi Folks,

Did anyone try to visit the site reached by the TinyURl link above? When I clicked on it, I got a screen that said it was for Members only. Since I am not a member, I could not look at the recipes. Is it a camping website or what? How does one join if interested? Thanks.

Blessings,
Cindy
wants-a-tear
Teardrop Inspector

Postby bennelson » Sun May 14, 2006 11:23 am

I love the idea of boil in a bag eggs.

I don't like trying to cook for 6 while camping and not being able to cook fast enough on my little 2-burner Coleman.

People have to eat in shifts or coarses.

Boiling eggs all at once would solve that.

Also, my wife and I have been loving pre-cooked bacon. Much less messy than having to fry off all the grease yourself. The price is actually about the same as regular bacon in terms of how much bacon you actually end up with.

If you are boiling eggs in a bag you don't need the bacon grease anyways, so why not bring pre-cooked bacon, snip it up, and toss it in the bag for bacon omlets.

I suppose a person could also simply pre-cook their own bacon before the trip too.
still no idea what i'm doing...
bennelson
Teardrop Master

Postby PresTx82 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:46 pm

I just tried the Omlet in a baggie and it works well except that there's not much flavor. I threw in onion, tomato and some pepper. I'll try it out in the camp with the kids, but I feel that you'd get more flavor if you cook the ingredients into the egg as in a pan. Stirring the ingredients in a hot pan releases the flavors in the foods blending it all together.

I do like the way you leave no mess and there's no pan to clean.
Mark
El Paso, Texas
PresTx82
500 Club

Postby wants-a-tear » Fri May 19, 2006 1:38 pm

cubby_1969 wrote:OK, I posted them on my webpage. Most are in DOC format for word. Excuse any spelling errors etc, and they aren't organized very well, but you should find lots of good recipes.

Duane

Hi Duane,

I clicked on the tiny URL to check out the recipes. However, it says that it is a members only area, and a password is needed. Do we need to join somehow to be able to look at the recipes?

Thanks.
Cindy
wants-a-tear
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mike54 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:22 pm

would seal a meal bags work for this make the bags up at home seal the bags without the vacuum.
mike54
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Micro469 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm

Duane

Tried to look at the files..... They want me to sign up for a .Net Passport.......YEA RIGHT!!
John
Micro469
Super Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to Camping Secrets