the barbaque brickets refeser and a do.

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: the barbaque brickets refeser and a do.

Postby campmaster-k » Thu May 24, 2012 12:45 pm

I know most of you dont like the instant light charcoal but i like it. It may burn a little faster but if you are doing DO cookoffs its a positive fast start. I also like instant light charcoal for starting camp fires when camping. Just throw in a few brickettes and instant hot fire. Also I believe that Kingsford brand charcoal is best. It burns very consistently even when its old. Bargain brand charcoal sometimes will have false starts or not burn at all.

Slow --- Pictures Please! :pictures:
-Kirk

>TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB

>CEO Coleman Recovery Inc.

>Nor Cal Camping Pinewood Racing Team

Build thread -

viewtopic.php?t=45307&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=180

Check out my Pictures -

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 ... 0QQtppZZ24
campmaster-k
Lifetime member

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 24, 2012 6:58 pm

paintence kirk. I have not started just yet. had to get supplies at wally world to start this cobbler with.

now. I need a way to keep form bankruptcy after paying arm and leg for everything.

I am just mad so don't pay attention to me at the current set of prices on everything in the united states to day or mad at the current inflation rate!!!!!!!!

any ways.

I got everything. and I am ready to begine only strange I got this werid water falling out of the sky and the ground is getting squisy.

rain? I thought that was a thing of the past in wyoming this year.

not kidding.

we are getting rain in wyoming. not enough to do anything but enough to settle the dust.

so we will take any water from the sky we can get this year with out any complaining.

even if its just a few drops!!!!!!!!!!

okay.

just had a dumb thought,

what do I handly these brickets with.

do I use welding gloves.

or get me one of them little shovles they use for fire places?

any more information on how not to dance with a hot coal in your bare hands?

or do I just grab the shovel out of the back of my pickup and use it?

if the weather corperates we will try this do cobbler out with the siliver high temp painted up do sattalite table this weekend.

I feel for the guys camping in the moutains this weekend.

they say friday or saturday will be snow down to 6000 feet above sea leval.

and yes. somewhere between casper and riverton will get snow for memorial day.
theres flat land country that is 6000 feet in elevation far from moutains between casper and riverton.

and theres lots of normal NON- moutain land in wyoming at 6000 feet so

even in a drought snow for wyoming is coming this week.

I am supposed to have some hopefully. I am praying hard rain. I have got a few rains storms today out of tunder boomers enough to wet the ground.

depending on the weather you might see a do cook off here in wyoming and it does take me a while to down load the photos then size them down then download them to the persional gallery on there then figure out the new way to add them to a post.

so they don't call me slow for nothing.

slowcowboy.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby parnold » Thu May 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Slow:

I use tongs when I'm moving charcoal.

If you have garage sales around you, you can find them for less than a dollar. Like these.. Image

You probably have some in your kitchen already, and it won't ruin them moving coals around with them. Mom will never know! 8)
parnold
Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Thu May 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Don't give me any ideas! parnold!!!!! heeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

I do know wheres theres a pair of them thingys and I know how to use them too!

the reason I am mad at what it cost me in kingsfors barbacaue brickets and the food today is

walmart over charged me about 9 bucks on the bill.

I got raped about 8.48 for a bag that was supposed to cost 5.48 of kingsford charcoal and charged 3 bucks extra for fruit cocktail.

now its usellses to go complain and get my overcharged money back as

as the gas to run into riverton to walmart at 3.69 a gallon is about more than walmart owes me by one dollar.

and town is 24 miles away.

so burn the gas and eat up the overcharged money and get 9 bucks back. and pay over 9 to get to town in gas.

or stuff anger and live with it?

don't ya love this crappy ecommey we all are living in?

if I see that same clerk next time in walmart. I might give him my middle thinger.

or more like just choose another clerk even if it means waiting in line longer.

slow
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby scmclark » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:38 pm

Keep an eye out at Home depot, lowes or walmart around the summer holidays, they always have great deals on briquets and you can load up on them. I remember my first cobbler! and my second, my third...etc...etc... :D
scmclark
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BrwBier » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 pm

With a little practice there is no reason that some hard wood from the campfire won't work as good as charcoal. Just Just picture the size of the wood and the size of the charcoal and use about the same volume. I mean when Dutch Ovens were first invented they did not use charcoal. You might have to watch it a little closer or it might take a little longer but the cost is nil.
Brwbier
BrwBier
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets