propane coffee maker by coleman.

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: propane coffee maker by coleman.

Postby jmnielsen » Wed May 21, 2014 10:50 am

I've used the stove top one. Worked great! My dad didn't realize you have to shut it off once it's done brewing so he broke the first one we had.
jmnielsen
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Tripmaker » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:56 pm

Just another unneeded appliance to lug. I use a Melita #6 drip cone over a thermos and pour hot water over the coffee.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby bobhenry » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:38 am

I have found that not all campers have the same coffee tastes when it come to strength of the coffee. My answer is to offer them a coffee single ( tea bag style coffee) and a cup of hot water direct from my red neck hot water heater. They can steep for hours for a strong cup or dunk and go for a weaker cup.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby Kaz » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:14 pm

I bought one this spring for camping this summer. Thing was awesome especially on the beach at Acadia national park. @ weeks later on a trip to Burlingame State Park it malfunctioned. Called Coleman and they said they would send me a new one. and and About 8 days later not one but 2 of the ones you put on the stove showed up at my door. Called Colman to tell them about their mistake and they assured me they would send they right one. Sure enough the new one arrive and now I have a plethora of Colman coffee makers. If the new one lasts longer than the first one I'll be very happy, because when they work right it's like a drip coffee maker at home only having hotter coffee which really helps getting the flavor out of the bean.I'd buy one if you're thinking of it, Colman stood behind their product.
Kaz
Kaz
Silver Donating Member

Return to Camping Secrets