Toilets

Anything to do with camping, fundamentals, secrets, etc...

Re: Toilets

Postby Karen Clancy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:04 am

We use two 5 gallon buckets I cut one bucket off at about half way up use Hefty black kitchen bags put a bag in to one then the cut off bucket into the first one ,that way it keeps the bag in place & raises the total height to a standard handicap height toilet ( 17 " ) easier to get up from . Inside the bag we use miracle grow water saver crystals it absorbs the pee . On the rim of the one you rest you behind on I got a water noodle & cut a slit into it length wise to fit over the rim nice and cushy for the tushy . We put this into a Ozark trail shower / potty tent . Works good for us .. Also double for a changing tent
Karen Clancy
Teardrop Advisor

Postby dmb90260 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Check this out: http://tinyurl.com/y8l7jrvm
It is what I have. I did add a booster to bump it up to fit my 6'4" frame better. Plus it serves as a storage container.
There are pictures in my album is you can access it

Plus it is on sale.
When I got it I was able to obtain some "bag containers" that allow it to be tossed into any trash container safely.

I am not sure the tent is available these days but it is a Cleanwaste privacy Tent. Very easy quick setup when you really need it.

Once when I had plumbing work being done I was very happy to have it in my trailer... with TV viewing. :shock:

Dennis
Join the Kenskill Karavan at:
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/kenskill_karavan/
Real Men cook with Black Iron
The Buzz In the Dale: The Buzz In The Dale
dmb90260
Titanium Donating Member

Postby NotJammer » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:18 pm

All good tips. I am not putting in a black tank and a toilet.

1980 I was camping just over the border on the Sea of Cortez. 1 hour from Tucson. Beautiful beach. Really clean. No toilets.

I walked over the sand dune inland and holy sh**. TP for miles. We used the same area with a shovel, but I think the constant wind uncovered everything. At least the wind was always blowing north!

We were 2 couples in a Pop Top. For some reason, I did something I never do. I put my wallet under me, we went to sleep. The next morning we woke to razor cuts in the Pop Top tent, 2 purses, and a wallet were gone. We never heard or felt a thing. I had my wallet. The others found everything closeby except cash. And cash was king in 1980.

I like solid walls.
NotJammer
Teardrop Master

Postby kykate » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:15 pm

I am with Dave and his wife - we have a portapotty - a Camco Premium portable toilet. I am usually up 2-3 times a night, with no wish to go outside. The bottom cassette unhooks from the top, and you carry the sealed container to somewhere to appropriately dispose of the contents. So far we have used it for liquids only and I am very satisfied with it. In the new build we plan to have it out on the triangle of the trailer, with access from the trailer.
Kate
kykate
Donating Member

Postby Bill n Robi » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:34 am

Looks like burning is a bad option...
https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2018/06/ ... 697076002/

"Carson City Sheriff Ken Furlong said two campers started the Voltaire Fire Tuesday evening after they attempted to burn poop in a hole at their campsite."
2015 T@G Max
2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4 Door Short Bed
Bill n Robi
The 300 Club

Previous

Return to Camping Secrets