looking for someone who has built a Ty Deans Teardrop

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

looking for someone who has built a Ty Deans Teardrop

Postby aclimer » Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm

I recently purchased a used teardrop made with the Ty Dean plans. There is significant water damage and the teardrop needs quite a bit of repair - new hatch, partial new roof, and some repairs to the bottom.

The owner gave me the plans in a 3-ring binder, but the pages are out of order. Ty Dean did not use page numbers. I've tried to reorder the pages by reading them, but it's not working. I reached out to Ty Dean directly to ask if he would send me a PDF file or help me reorder the page and he said "no" since I wasn't the original purchaser.

I thought I'd try to find someone else with the plans who might be willing to help me.

If you own the Ty Dean plans, any chance you'd be willing to help by jumping on a quick phone call and help me reorder the pages using your manual as a guide?

Rebuilding the hatch and even the new roof portion is fairly simple, but repairing the water damage on the side and bottom feels more challenging. Being able to read the manual will help a ton!

Thank you!
Amy
aclimer
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Generic Building Plans