Questions re: Generic Benroy

Here is a generic building plan for a teardrop designed by the members of T&TTT.

Questions re: Generic Benroy

Postby tomm » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm hoping to pick up a harbor freight trailer next Friday (It's on sale). I have two questions, well actually have have hundreds of questions, and some that I have even thought of yet, but first two are I want to keep this an inexpensive and light as possible using the generic benroy plans that mike has posted. Any idea of a ballpark as to the cost of the one Mike built and about what it weighs. I'll probably pull it being a toyota corolla. (They say not to pull it behind a scion.)
Tom Mabie
[email protected]
301-461-8620 (c)
tomm
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Questions re: Generic Benroy

Postby mikeschn » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:25 pm

I have not price materials lately, so I'll have to let someone else chip in!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Re: Questions re: Generic Benroy

Postby tomm » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks Mike for your response. Actually, I've been trying to locate the spreadsheet that someone developed awhile ago. Would it be possible to get a copy of that? If so, I could work out the expenses. Also, Do you recommend a regular lumber company or is it okay to go with Home Depot? What are your thoughts on the Harbor Freight trailer?

Thanks
Tom Mabie
[email protected]
301-461-8620 (c)
tomm
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Generic Building Plans