My frame... new guy starts a tear!

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

My frame... new guy starts a tear!

Postby heydave » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:58 pm

Hey all, great site. I had an old 14' camper that was beyond fixing. I tore it down to the frame and had planned on making a utility trailer. Then..... I was looking around the net and found this site. I showed my wife and she said, "You could build one of those!"
So it starts. I cut the frame down to a 10' length, removed the side extensions, and relocated the axle.
It is 67" wide and 10' long.
Here is a pic.
heydave
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sonetpro » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:30 pm

heydave Welcome to the site. You'll have a blast on your new project. Look around and you'll see plenty of idea's. Look's like you got the pic's down. Good thing. We got a admin here by the name of Madjack and he is a picaholic. :lol:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby jdarkoregon » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:29 am

HeyDave,

Enjoy the project, ditto what Steve said, and be ready for more help than you could imagine,

Enjoy the fun and excitement

John ;)
Innovation is essential
The world can be better
ImageImage
jdarkoregon
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:31 am

heyDave, how ya doin'...that looks to be a fine frame to start a build on...decided onna profile/design yet...take your time lookin' around and do your plannin', 'cause ya got a bunch to do....pictures...I don' know what they are talkin' about...just keep a'postin' them...oh yeah, welcome to the board.
madjack 8)

p.s......hope ya brought your sense of humor because we got some stannnnnnnge folks 'round here :D ;)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets