more parts

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

more parts

Postby KA » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:00 pm

Hi All,
I picked up my wheels from Six Robblies today and also bought a coupler for a 2 inch ball. I think powder coating will be too spendy for me so I'll try Madjacks painting technique from a previous post. Next step is buying tires. The salesman where I got the wheels said to buy regular tires instead of trailer tires..cheaper and the trailer tire extra strength wouldn't be needed on the teardrop.
My husband says I'll need to return the coupler if I decide to add brakes. I have to make the brake decision before ordering the axle. Alas, more research needed. This feels a bit like swimming thru glue. :?
Kris :thinking:
KA
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:22 pm

...get regular auto tires...you don't need or really want trailer tires on these trailers...return the coupler...why??? he may be thinking of surge brakes which you really do not want...you want to get electric brakes and you would use a regular coupler with them....
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby KA » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:43 am

Thanks Madjack,
I'll check out electric brakes.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets