Paint question

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Paint question

Postby coreyjhen » Sat Sep 02, 2006 11:35 am

Does anyone know of a paint that matches the HF 1175 trailer? I actually like the color and would like to paint my fenders that color (and touch up the scratches), but I haven't seen anything at Home Depot that is a close match.
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
coreyjhen
Teardrop Master

Postby apratt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:55 pm

If you have a small part that you can take with you. Take it to the paint store they can custom match that. 8)
Arthur,

ASL spoken here
apratt
Gold Donating Member

Postby coreyjhen » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I took a piece to Pep Boys and found the Krylon Banner Red (color number 2108) is almost a perfect match. :thumbsup:
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." - Carl Sagan
coreyjhen
Teardrop Master

Postby Woodbutcher » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:41 pm

We have a local auto paint supplier that has a hand held wand that reads your paint then gets attached to their computer and it's custom matched. I saw a guy pull up in an old Mustang and they went out to the parking lot and took a reading. It was real easy. Maybe you can find a place like that near you. I would think there might be lots of people that want that red.
Woodbutcher
Platinum Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets