Buying a trailer soon!

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Buying a trailer soon!

Postby BestmanDan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:55 pm

After reading the forums I think I will go with A HF tailer-the 1175 capacity one and extend the sides to a 5' so it will at least
hold a full size mattress. ( I manage a furniture store and have a source for custom-built mattresses.) Also Menards(a great midwest home center) has a 4x8 trailer that they have on sale for $199 occaisionally. I may check it out as to the capacity. Also there is a new Harbor Freight opening soon near me...20% grand opening coupon? One could only hope! I am taking the plunge one way or the other the next 30 days!!!
Wish me luck! :D
BestmanDan
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:47 pm

Hey good luck Dan, and welcome to the forum...

Does that mean you get your mattresses free? Can you get us some mattress free too? Hey guys, free mattresses for everyone!!!

Just kidding... ;)

Hey if you can get that trailer for $199 then you're doing good. And 5' should be no problem... I did 5 1/2' wide.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Mattresses

Postby BestmanDan » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Not free...but let me tell ya what I'm gonna do! ;) Seriously, If freight wouldn't be too high, I would give the TearDrop Discount!!!! :twisted:
Last edited by BestmanDan on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BestmanDan
Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets