roofing tar

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

roofing tar

Postby blk05m6gto » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:08 pm

I applied my roofing tar to my floor about 3-4 days ago and it is still tacky, I was just wondering how long this nasty stuff takes to dry and should I wait to screw my insulation to the floor? thanks a lot Bill
blk05m6gto
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:26 pm

What brand of roofing tar did you use?

Mine was dry within a couple days. I used Gardners.

Of course when I did it in the winter time it took over a week. And I'm sure it's been cool in IN the last few days...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby asianflava » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:45 pm

It depends on how thick you put it on. I had a few spots that took over a week, a majority of it was dry in 4 or 5 days though.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby blk05m6gto » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:11 am

well im not sure what brand it was but I got it from home depot and was in a blue can if this helps...... I went ahead and glued my pink board to the floor tonight. It turned out really good. I put it on pretty thick to, so I bet that is why its not dry. Of course everything that could go wrong did tonight. I started applying the construction adhesive with my caulking gun and about half way through the tube it blew out the side and glue went everywhere! It was a mess. Well i still need to post pics, but that will be a rainy day project. Till next time. Bill
blk05m6gto
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets