Some pics of where I am st on my build

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Some pics of where I am st on my build

Postby legend lime » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:55 pm

Here are some pics of where I am at on my build, over the last couple of weekends I have been able to install 80% of the wiring, insulation, inside paneling, out side paneling and start the galley. I am almost ready to order the aluminum for the out side but I have been unable to find anyone in GA that carries or wil sale just two sheets of 5'x10' at a reasonable price; so it looks like I am going to have to use 4'x5' with a small over lap and use drive rivets at the seams with sealer under the seams like they do on airstreams.

Legned Lime, Acworth, GA
legend lime
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:00 pm

that looks good.

It almost looks like you're going to install a petcool in there. What do you have planned for the other side of that register?

mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:25 pm

Legend Lime
Don't give up too quick. Someone had a place that sold aluminum that size by the sheet. If you go over the the Construction forum and post someone will help.

The other thing you can check out is the trailer repair places. (for semi's) They will carry larger sheets.

:applause: :applause: :thumbsup:
Great looking Teardrop!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Gage » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 pm

Look into Big Rig Trailer repair shops. There's got to be some around you somewhere.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby asianflava » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 pm

SAF is based out of GA, I don't know where you are but it may be worth the trip. I prefer no seams in my skins, it gives the water less places to leak.

http://www.saf.com

Ahhh, it looks so familiar. Cool wheels.
asianflava
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:39 am

LL, That looks really nice. One question though. How much clearance do you have between the tire and the side wall? It looks really tight in the first picture. It's probably just the angle of the picture.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Nitetimes » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:18 am

bledsoe3 wrote:One question though. How much clearance do you have between the tire and the side wall? It looks really tight in the first picture. It's probably just the angle of the picture.

Boy, I'll say. I hope you can at least get your fingers between the tire and wall. :thinking:
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby Steve Frederick » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:44 am

Very nice L/L!
Is the galley going to remain open to the cabin?
It looks like a great way to open up the cabin!
If my guess is wrong, then you'll have a very big counter!! :lol:
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

Wheels

Postby legend lime » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:45 pm

bledsoe3
The wheels and tires are from an 05 Mustang that I sold to Get the 05 Cheve SSR that I now have and I am just using them to move the TD around. I wiil be putting on a set of smothies when I get to that point in the build.

Steve Frederick;
As for the galley that is just the starting point and the point where I had to stop last weekend, it will have the standard storage area on the inside sleeping compartment and a full galley in the rear, and I know someone will ask what the cut out is for at the bottom of the galley counter support. Well its so that I can get to the back of the three way refrigerator and select 12V, 110V, or LP Gas. The door will have a seal around it and there will be a LP Gas Detector on the inside sleeping comparment.
Legned Lime, Acworth, GA
legend lime
Teardrop Master

Louvers

Postby legend lime » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:03 pm

mikeschn
There will be some type of cooling system, but the louvers are for the three way refrigerator so that I can get some cool air in and the hot air out the other side. as for the cooling system I am still working on what type my wife needs; you see the pic below is how she feels that we should always go camping and we have had some good long trips in it; but i am trying to get her to do the type of camping I like to do with the SSR top down and TD in tow. :roll:

Legned Lime, Acworth, GA
legend lime
Teardrop Master

Aluminum

Postby legend lime » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:29 am

asianflava
Thanks for the web site called them today and they have what I need and at a reasonable price. so I'll be picking some up next week. :)
Legned Lime, Acworth, GA
legend lime
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets