Axle Placement for Teardrop/Cycle Hauler w/6'x12' Trailer.

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Postby sandman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:51 am

angib,

I don't know how to thank you for spending your time working on my problem. Thanks very much for your continued support for all of us newbies. That's why I enjoy visiting here so much is that everyone helps you instead of making fun of you for not knowing something.

I talked to the welders today and they were just about ready to begin mounting the spring mounts so the timing was perfect. I should be pickiing up the trailer on Thursday or Friday. I will make sure to share lots of pics when I get it home. To save money, I wanted the trailer left raw and I would be painting it myself. I will be treating the metal mesh floor with Rhinoliner Bedliner stuff to make it not so slippery to walk on when wet.

Thanks again everyone. :applause:
sandman
Donating Member

Postby brian_bp » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:44 pm

Although the current prediction is for only 230 hitch weight, even 500 lb might not have been a problem. Andrew, Toyotas all take growth hormones here, and just get bigger with time. The newest Tundra is bigger than Ford F150, with a 10,000 lb towing capacity, and even the previous style (sandman's vehicle) is large - bigger than your Hilux or our Tacoma.
brian_bp
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby sandman » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:44 pm

I wished I had one of the newer Tundras on Steroids. Mine is one of the first they came out with right after the T-100. I bought mine in late 2000. It's a 2001 Model but it's got V-8 power for days. The new models have gone insane with the larger body and more souped-up v-8. I think pulling this rig is not going to be an issue at all. I was mainly worried about trailer sway but am planning on adding a sway-bar when pulling the teardrop/cycle hauler.
sandman
Donating Member

Postby Nitetimes » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:23 am

sandman wrote: I was mainly worried about trailer sway but am planning on adding a sway-bar when pulling the teardrop/cycle hauler.

I doubt you'll need one unless you tow it with the nose too low then being light in the rear might give you a little trouble.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Previous

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets