Tongue jack for the NT 5 x 10 trailer?

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Tongue jack for the NT 5 x 10 trailer?

Postby oldsmokey » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:00 pm

Hi folks. What do most people use for a tongue jack on the NT trailer? I'm looking for something I can bolt on without welding (and repainting). Can anyone tell me what works (and what doesn't work)? Thanks!
oldsmokey
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Tongue jack for the NT 5 x 10 trailer?

Postby les45 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:42 pm

oldsmokey wrote:Hi folks. What do most people use for a tongue jack on the NT trailer? I'm looking for something I can bolt on without welding (and repainting). Can anyone tell me what works (and what doesn't work)? Thanks!

I used the basic 1,000 lb swivel tongue jack from NT. I had tried the basic HF jack but it was too shaky.
The NT jack is very sturdy, worked quite well, and rolled well on rough or gravel areas.
Here is a link to the current version of the one I used: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/ ... _200631762
You can see how I mounted it on Page 5 of my photo album.
FWIW - sometimes you may end up in a situation where your TV is on an uphill grade at the campsite and the trailer tongue is so low that you can't get your jack to swing down all the way (I did that once). It helps to have a small folding shovel in your tool kit to dig out a hole to allow the wheel to drop.
Larry S.
les45
500 Club

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets