To weak of a axle

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

To weak of a axle

Postby dogscats » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:56 pm

All set to go with the first Modular fiberglass component trailer. Have space cleared out new welder . Pick up my axle . All great then I look on the tag HF65'' OB 52 10 DN 600 Pounds .It's was to be a 1200 pounds.
Some of the load goes on the car how much? I was think I could go up to 700 0n the trailer.

The Modular fiberglass component kit runs 1 pound per running foot. That will be the out side frame so thinking less than 50 pounds for the side wall frame .I will build the frame as http://www.angib.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/teardrop/tear57.htm Will I have build a 1950s Ailette trailer
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Re: To weak of a axle

Postby desertmoose » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Is it a torsion axle? Maybe that marking means 600 pounds per torsion unit. Then it would be a 1200 pound overall.
Might be worth calling the manufacturer for clarification.

Sam
desertmoose
The 300 Club

Re: To weak of a axle

Postby dogscats » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:06 pm

Thank you Desert. Yes it's a torsion axle and 600 over all
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN,
YET AT THE SAME TIME, THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE,,, SO MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU CAN, AND ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS
dogscats
Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets