Tear, Weekender, Registration & spare wheel bearings

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Tear, Weekender, Registration & spare wheel bearings

Postby Franco Novo » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:20 pm

well, I'm just about done with the weekender build....
I'm in Pa. but residence is Florida..just was talking with a guy here at RV shop who said registering trailer in Pa is massive pain in the Ass
they want 250 bucks just to inspect it. I didn't even spend that much in materials :lol:
I may just run it down to Fl. and do it there...CHANCE running it without tag? I mean, it's just a box, all lights work, etc.
I'll post some pics of the build soon...it was quick and dirty, not overbuilt.

also, QUESTION: ?? does anyone know if these are the replacement wheel bearings used on the Harbor Freight Trailers. 12" tires ?

Sold at AMAZON.COM http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002BBO4MG/ref=dra_a_rv_mr_hn_it_P1250_1000?tag=dradisplay-20&ascsubtag=3bf9a4de388032a563f58a07d114a455_S

thanks, love these forums,
I got some good tips on what to do...and since I've been building my whole life, saw a lot of steps I could cut out.... ;)
regards,
Franco Novo
Franco Novo
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Tear, Weekender, Registration & spare wheel bearings

Postby DrewsBrews » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:55 am

For registration read this: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43004

Did you purchase the HF trailer new? if so then you get a certificate of origin with a documented weight and a VIN so you shouldn't need to have it inspected. In Ohio that's how it works, sounds like it's about the same for the Maine registration.

I'm not sure on the bearings.
DrewsBrews
Donating Member

Re: Tear, Weekender, Registration & spare wheel bearings

Postby Franco Novo » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:55 pm

DrewsBrews wrote:For registration read this: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=43004

Did you purchase the HF trailer new? if so then you get a certificate of origin with a documented weight and a VIN so you shouldn't need to have it inspected. In Ohio that's how it works, sounds like it's about the same for the Maine registration.

Hi, thanks for the response, and thank you for the link.
Yes, just bought the trailer from Harbor Freight, so I have that title looking paper, and it has a VIN number on the trailer
After reading the responses of folks from Pa. , there is no way I can afford to have it registered here....lol, I mean, even if it wasn't built, just a utility trailer, the paperwork is the same. Mountains of it...and expensive, this State.... it's ridiculous

Sooooo...I did a web search and indeed there are several outfits in Maine who will register it and send you plates....quick, fast , easy
That sounds good to me.

Hell, I was up here in Pa. two summers ago and my drivers license (from S. Carolina) ran out...tried to get one here...it was hours and hours and mounds of paperwork, and they still wouldn't issue me one. So, I gave up
Since I had moved to Florida from S.C. by then, I just ran down to Florida...didn't get stopped, luckily....went to the Florida DMV....had a license in about 20 minutes.
regards,
Franco
Franco Novo
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets