Harbor Freight trailer question

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Postby krang469 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:24 pm

Hey Coop.... I went to the Tractor Supply Company website and couldn't find that particular trailer. I will definitely keep that site in mind though as they have a store closer to me than Harbor Freight. 1/2 hour drive compared to 2 hour :o You guys have also talked me into the 1800#. Just seems to make more sense now. Thanks. I'm just dying to get started my my TTT :twisted:
That which doesn't kill you leaves a bunch of scars and hurts when the weather changes.
User avatar
krang469
Donating Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Keeseville, New York

Postby madjack » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Krang...the trailer is not listed on their website, you haveta go to the store...you can also get it modified thru the manufacturer to make it whatever you want
madjack 8)
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
most all personal problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives
User avatar
madjack
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15125
Images: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm
Location: Central Louisiana

Postby goldcoop » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:38 pm

krang469 wrote:Hey Coop.... I went to the Tractor Supply Company website and couldn't find that particular trailer. I will definitely keep that site in mind though as they have a store closer to me than Harbor Freight. 1/2 hour drive compared to 2 hour :o You guys have also talked me into the 1800#. Just seems to make more sense now. Thanks. I'm just dying to get started my my TTT :twisted:


Krang:

From Lens prior post:

" Tractor Supply sells a Carry-On trailer 4X8 with no floor SKU #1000215. 1500lb GVW, 5 lug 4.5 center wheels, lights, wired, safety chains Assembled & ready to go for $279. AND it comes with a TITLE, not a certificate of origin".

Maybe a search on the SKU#?

Cheers,

Coop
User avatar
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1276
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Top

Postby Ira » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:50 pm

Coop--maybe you or someone can clairfy this certificate of origin thing:

Because altough I don't have the paperwork in front of me here right now (I'm not the organized type), to my recollection, my HF trailer came with an actual title.
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

Postby surveytech » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:23 pm

here are some specs and photos on the tractor supply trailer........
hope it helps.

http://www.butterfoot.com/teardrop.htm
surveytech
Donating Member
 
Posts: 776
Images: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:13 pm
Location: kissimmee, florida
Top

Postby goldcoop » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:31 pm

surveytech wrote:here are some specs and photos on the tractor supply trailer........
hope it helps.

http://www.butterfoot.com/teardrop.htm


Walter,

Thanks!

Did you move the axle at all (to answer Iras ?)?

Cheers,

Coop
User avatar
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1276
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Top

Postby surveytech » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:33 pm

no I did not move the axle. I left it as is.
I dont have the skills necessary to move it.

Walter
surveytech
Donating Member
 
Posts: 776
Images: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:13 pm
Location: kissimmee, florida
Top

Postby goldcoop » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:58 pm

Ira wrote:Coop--maybe you or someone can clairfy this certificate of origin thing:

Because altough I don't have the paperwork in front of me here right now (I'm not the organized type), to my recollection, my HF trailer came with an actual title.

Ira-

From what I understand when you buy a HF trailer frame you get a bill of sale and a certificate of orgin which contains specifications, weight and capacity of the frame and country in which it was made in (China, Slovinia, India or where ever the heck they are made).

Then you take this whole ball of wax to a license/tag service to apply for a title.

Not that big of a deal for most, but if you live in PA its a real pain in the keister!

Just a step saver for most, but for us in the beautiful state of PA its a God-send!

Cheers,

Coop
User avatar
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1276
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Top

Postby davel » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Coop,

That's exactly how it works. Fortunately here in Texas it was no big deal, just a matter of doing the paperwork. :)
User avatar
davel
Donating Member
 
Posts: 1367
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:42 pm
Location: Ennis, Texas
Top

Postby Ira » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:14 pm

You might be right, Coop--but I "think" I have a title, that it says that.

I never look at the thing, because every time I consider getting it registered THIS week, I always think of something better to do with the money.

The Crab ain't too happy about it, but Anheuser-Busch is thrilled.

-------------------------

I stand corrected now looking at the above post. And here in FL, it's supposedly a breeze too.
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

Postby krang469 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:30 pm

:awesome: I just learned they are going to open a Tractor Supply store just 15 minutes from where I live. :P I am sooooo psyched!!! :twisted:
That which doesn't kill you leaves a bunch of scars and hurts when the weather changes.
User avatar
krang469
Donating Member
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:13 pm
Location: Keeseville, New York
Top

Postby goldcoop » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:59 pm

Ira wrote:You might be right, Coop--but I "think" I have a title, that it says that.

I never look at the thing, because every time I consider getting it registered THIS week, I always think of something better to do with the money.

The Crab ain't too happy about it, but Anheuser-Busch is thrilled.

-------------------------

I stand corrected now looking at the above post. And here in FL, it's supposedly a breeze too.

Curious Ira!

I'll bet you a Bud that what you THINK you have and what you ACTUALLY have are two different things?!

Cheers,

Coop
User avatar
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1276
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Top

Postby Ira » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:40 pm

goldcoop wrote:I'll bet you a Bud that what you THINK you have and what you ACTUALLY have are two different things?!


I'm not so stupid to make THAT wager! Plus, a Bud is way too valuable to wager.

You're right, I'm wrong, but it won't be the FIRST time this has happened.

However, I'm cooking beer-can chicken on the smoker right now in sunny and almost warm south Florida. What are YOU cooking in freezing Pennsylvania!?

Just kidding. I know it ain't freezing there right now, and I LOVE your damn state. I spent every summer there as a teenager, then into my early 20's working at summer camps and stables and visiting all over the place.

Gorgeous territory compared to the flatlands of South Florida.

But it's really warm here, you know? And it's the middle of JANUARY!!!
Here we go again!
User avatar
Ira
Forum Storyteller
 
Posts: 5652
Images: 118
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:16 pm
Location: South Florida
Top

Postby critter » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:25 pm

hey all,
i wouldnt throw rocks at ethier state but.........GO PANTHERS!!!!!
look out here we come
delhome rocks!
and smith is runnin right by everyone else
and whut are you wastin that bud on... a dud gum chicken?
:? yall aint right!
critter

salad anit food... its what food eats!




critter
User avatar
critter
500 Club
 
Posts: 565
Images: 54
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:39 pm
Location: greensboro nc
Top

I love ya Ira!

Postby goldcoop » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:09 pm

Ira wrote:I'm not so stupid to make THAT wager! Plus, a Bud is way too valuable to wager.

You're right, I'm wrong, but it won't be the FIRST time this has happened.

However, I'm cooking beer-can chicken on the smoker right now in sunny and almost warm south Florida. What are YOU cooking in freezing Pennsylvania!?

Just kidding. I know it ain't freezing there right now, and I LOVE your damn state. I spent every summer there as a teenager, then into my early 20's working at summer camps and stables and visiting all over the place.

Gorgeous territory compared to the flatlands of South Florida.

But it's really warm here, you know? And it's the middle of JANUARY!!!

Ira-

Sorry that you are wrong, no biggy here and it won't be for you either when you do go to get it titled (just title the H/F frame, don't EVEN try the TD route).

SHAME on you for rubbing the weather in, LOL!

It hasn't been bad here either, I have been grilling del steaks out in the TD grill, the neighbors and family think I'm nuts, MAYBE!? LOL!

Thanks for the PA compliment!

We live in beautiful Susquehanna Valley, (NO flatlands like S. Florida!) LOL!

Our town of Lewisburg is home to Bucknell University and "The Big House" Federal Penitentiary!

I am hosting a bunch of TearJerkers at my cabin up in the beautiful mountains 17 miles from my house Feb. 3,4,5! We'll drink some Buds for you, my friend!

Cheers,

Coop
User avatar
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member
 
Posts: 1276
Images: 32
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:02 pm
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Top

PreviousNext

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest