Northern Tool (NT) 5x8 Ironton Trailer On Sale + Gift Card

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Northern Tool (NT) 5x8 Ironton Trailer On Sale + Gift Card

Postby brx017 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:16 am

Just an FYI for anyone interested in the NT 5x8 trailer:

Right now they are on sale for $489.99 online (don't know for how long), which is $40 off. There are also two pretty good coupons you can use, but I think you can only use one of them, so choose wisely.

The first one is coupon code 246401, and it's $50 off $250 purchase (valid through 7/2/16), which brings the trailer down to $439.99. You can also do free Ship-to-Store.

The second coupon code is code 247453, which is $100 E-Gift Card AFTER PURCHASE (think of it as a rebate) with a $500 purchase (valid through 6/27/16). So the trailer is still $489.99 but if you spend $10 more you get $100 back, which they claim just takes a few days... which would in effect bring the trailer price down to $389.99 assuming you need another $110 worth of stuff from Northern Tool anyway. The details say that the E-Gift card expires on 10/31/16. Again, you can use the free ship-to-store service.

I think I am going to "get while the gettin's good", and go for the E-gift card myself. Now if anyone can tell me how to double-dip and use but coupons at once, that would be awesome!

And FYI, they have a lot of trailer accessories on sale right now, and if you were quick enough in using your e-gift card, you might be eligible to earn another one with that purchase too! The same code earns a $20 card for a $100 purchase, $50 card for $250 purchase, or $200 card on a $1000 purchase.

Just thought I would share, hopefully someone else can save a little money and get started on their build too!

-Brooks :relaxing:
brx017
Teardrop Master

Re: Northern Tool (NT) 5x8 Ironton Trailer On Sale + Gift Ca

Postby Mo-Jack » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks for the heads-up. Newbie here. I've been spending mega time kicking around my design options. Thanks to you, I pulled the trigger on this NT (I opted for the $100 gift card - dont'cha know). The design process will now kick into high gear with accurate measurements.

Cheers. :beer:
Teardrop Dreamer - Design Phase in Progress

"My sanity will be eternally thankful for all who have
shared their experiences with the TnTTT family." Mo-Jack
Mo-Jack
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Northern Tool (NT) 5x8 Ironton Trailer On Sale + Gift Ca

Postby brx017 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:05 pm

You're welcome. I jumped on it too, and chose the $100 gift card.

I'm probably a few months out from having the time to start myself. I'm in the middle of remodeling my house. But like you said, having the frame to measure will help out a lot. I'm wanting to do a few modifications, so it'll be useful for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
brx017
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets