Yet another question about Harbor Freight Trailers...

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Yet another question about Harbor Freight Trailers...

Postby DrJerry » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:05 am

I know the hole pattern is 5 lug, but I can't find out what the pattern is. I would like to set mine up with 14" wheels. Does anybody know if the pattern is the same as say Chevy? Toyota? I haven't gotten past the planning stage yet, so no rush.

I've looked at a lot travel trailers lately, very few of them will tow behind a Toyota RAV-4. Teardrop seems like it will fit the bill just right.

BTW, Many thanks to whoever did the CAD drawings in Design Library. The "Popular Mechanix-on-a Harbor Freight-Trailer" opened just fine in AutoCad.
Jerry

Watch and laugh as an Engineer with an advanced degree attempts to build a Tiny Travel Trailer:
http://www.angelfire.com/blog/weekender ... weekender/
DrJerry
Teardrop Builder

Postby Nitetimes » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:25 am

If it's a HF trailer it should be a 4 1/2" bolt circle. A lot of Fords and some others, not sure which ones off the top of my head.
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Re: Yet another question about Harbor Freight Trailers...

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:36 am

DrJerry wrote:BTW, Many thanks to whoever did the CAD drawings in Design Library. The "Popular Mechanix-on-a Harbor Freight-Trailer" opened just fine in AutoCad.

Angib did everything you see in the library. Quite a nice collection of designs!

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chip » Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:52 am

Doc welcome to the group,, look at older fords and Chrysler products,,, I got mine off a 1972 Baracudda. good luck wid the hunt,,,

chipper
Living large,,,travling small !!!
54"x9'4" tear
4'x8' tear
Serro Scotty rebuild(in progress)
Chip
2000 Club
2000 Club

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets