Harbor Freight Trailers Dicontinued

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Harbor Freight Trailers Dicontinued

Postby Gary Saunders » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:35 am

Went yesterday to purchase a trailer for a build and found out that Harbor Freight is no longer selling trailers. Apparently there was an issue with the tires on some of the models and they were having to replace those, so they sent the in stock trailers back.

Does anyone know if they are going to continue selling the trailers? My build is on hold until they start selling again.
Gary Saunders
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Harbor Freight Trailers Dicontinued

Postby gudmund » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:32 am

a new H/F just opened this last month in Mt. Vernon, Wash. (torn down the Cadillac dealership and replaced with a H/F) this last month and they have 2/3 of their trailers sitting in stock on display - was there just this last week.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby daveesl77 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 am

HF had a full recall on all of their trailer tires, both the 4 and 5 lug. While they were supposed to stop selling the trailers and/or tires back in August, they did continue. They will replace tires purchased after Jan 2014 that meet the sizes. Problem with the 12", 5 lug model is that it is very hard to actually find a store that has the replacements. The replacements are Carlisle, the originals are Innova. So far I've gotten 2 of the 3 I had replaced. From what I understand on the trailers themselves, they won't sell the trailers until they get the recalled tire issue under control. Some stores actually still have the old trailers on display, but can't sell them due to no tires.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Postby jondbar628 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:33 pm

Received new HF on-line flyer a couple days ago. Says they are now stocking trailers again (presumably with previous problems addressed, but then again, they ARE chinese). That said, I've had my 1750 lb rated for 6 yrs with no problems. Just good maintenance and good paint over their crap. jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets