Flexiride Half axles?

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Flexiride Half axles?

Postby Richrad » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Anybody used a Flexiride half-axle on their build? Just ordered a pair of FF-140B-2A for my trailer (aprox. 900# gross). I want my tires flush with trailer sides; i.e. wheel wheels, not fenders. Any pics of what a frame looks like for this style? TIA for any advice,

Rich
Richrad
Teardrop Builder

Re: Flexiride Half axles?

Postby Tigris99 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:35 pm

their torsion axles. still done the exact same way as lead springs. If your doing wheel wells then you either modify trailer so the axles can be mounted more inward or you build the camper wider.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Tigris99
Teardrop Master

Re: Flexiride Half axles?

Postby ssuuki19 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:54 pm

Richrad, I know this is a late response but I used Flexiride half-axles on my build, they were 930# total rating, and I got the ones with adjustable splines. If you go this route I highly suggest getting the adjustable splines so you can raise the ride height. My half axles settled in over two inches over the course of 6000 miles, and had to be adjusted. Or in your case you could just shim the mounting brackets. Just keep in mind as I was warned that if you hit major potholes, they may require re-alignment. Take a look at the start of my build thread in your interested to see what they looked like upside down, in a fender mount setup although.
Btw on my build they were always overloaded, and still lasted 11000 miles before needing a re-alignment for toe and camber.

How does sealant get on my triceps and then my car seat?? more than once??
Aluminum is almost as fascinating as wood.
Link to my build thread: 4 1/2 x 9
ssuuki19
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets