Axle guru's wanted axle received its wrong

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Re: Axle guru's wanted axle received its wrong

Postby tony.latham » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:11 pm

I had something similar with my last axle order. When it showed up, the hub face width was 4” wider than what ordered.

I called them up and they apologized and shipped one out quick.

When it arrived, I called the guy up and asked him how I was supposed to get the bad axle back to them.

“I’ll call you back.” That was in may. I’ll be welding up a utility trailer with it soon.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby saltydawg » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:18 pm

yeah part of me was hoping they said well how about half off. Thats why my post over on expo was more of a how screwed am I, as in should I even try to use it if it was really cheap.

Yes if they dont come get it I will figure out something to do with it. Maybe make a hell of a strong utility trailer, 2x3 .120 tube all the way around.
Scott
Lost in Maryland
2021 just said to 2020, hold my beer and watch this.
saltydawg
500 Club

Postby tony.latham » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:20 pm

saltydawg wrote:yeah part of me was hoping they said well how about half off. Thats why my post over on expo was more of a how screwed am I, as in should I even try to use it if it was really cheap.

Yes if they dont come get it I will figure out something to do with it. Maybe make a hell of a strong utility trailer, 2x3 .120 tube all the way around.
If you put that under a 1700 pound teardrop it will be as if you have no suspension.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets