Flexiride start angle/height adjustment

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Flexiride start angle/height adjustment

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:57 am

Has anyone with a flexiride axle adjusted the torsion arms to change trailer ride height? Was wondering about how much change up or down each spline would cause. So much easier to ask than to actually go do it. I know ride height change was mentioned, but if it was quantified as to how much change takes place, I missed it. So many posts to read, and so little time. Thanks!
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Postby George T. » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:16 am

Greetings from Colorado Steve!

In post #5676, Steve H. posted:

"My trailer uses a Flexiride 2000 pound axle, and has always set a little too low I thought. I was afraid to try and reposition the "arms" because I thought one tooth change on the spline would be too much change, but today I took it apart and played with it.

I learned they have very fine splines, and each tooth change will result in about 1/2" change in ride height. I changed mine 2 teeth, or notches, and raised the trailer exactly 1", which is what I wanted.

Just thought someone else might want to know this.

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby SteveH » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:34 am

George,

That's just what I was going to say! :lol:
SteveH
Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ".
SteveH
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Steve_Cox » Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:46 pm

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thanks for doing my search for me George, and thanks Steve for doing the actual work. I'm not quite finished with my galley, but I suspect that when finished and get the trailer loaded, I will want to raise it up about 1" too. :thumbsup:
Steve
Steve_Cox
4000 Club
4000 Club

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets