Steel fenders

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Steel fenders

Postby SpeedWagon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:47 am

Hello
I am looking for steel fenders for 12 wheels and tires, that has a lot of coverage, maybe 180 degrees of coverage to keep stone ships, road grime to a minimum.
Also what are some of your fender sources for those long flowing fenders I am seeing on a lot of these tear drop trailers.
Thank you for your help :dancing
Dave
SpeedWagon
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:02 pm

Nothern tool has mucho fenders. I bought my 12 inchers for my cubby there. I think about 25-30 dollars for the pair, shipped.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... allpartial

sid
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Re: Steel fenders

Postby Gage » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:21 pm

SpeedWagon wrote:Hello
<snip>
Also what are some of your fender sources for those long flowing fenders I am seeing on a lot of these tear drop trailers.
Thank you for your help :dancing
Dave

You'll find that most all those 'long flowing fenders' are fiberglass, not steel. Mine are '37 chevy truck fenders but there are fenders similar that are made for teardrops and are sold at all your teardrop parts places. Check with Li'l Bear at http://www.teardrops.net/LilBear/parts.html or with R.W. Johnson. A good steel fender like mine will cost you upward of $500 each.

Have a good day.
8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Re: Steel fenders

Postby doug hodder » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:31 pm

SpeedWagon wrote:Hello
I am looking for steel fenders for 12 wheels and tires, that has a lot of coverage, maybe 180 degrees of coverage to keep stone ships, road grime to a minimum.

Dave

Dave...RW Johnson has the Kit profile fenders made up in glass to fit the 12" tire...Ira got a quote from the guy 210$ with shipping for a pair to Fl....check out Rich's list above for the phone #...you're best contacting by phone...I have the full size ones, he has a great product!!! I don't know of anyone else that has them that size...but if that is the look you want...something else, they might look best with a drop axle so you don't have so much fender hanging below the body of the tear...Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby SpeedWagon » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:39 am

I took a looked a the northern tool web site and they have some aluminum fenders that look like the coverage I am looking for, at a price I am not looking for. Those fiberglass fenders look great but will not work for this trailer, but maybe in the future....
The search goes on for a steel fender with 180 degrees of coverage.
Dave
SpeedWagon
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:00 pm

SW...checkout the first fenders listed here;
http://www.redneck-trailer.com/2004/H/PagesH-4-H-5.pdf
...you will have to find your local REDNECK dealer, usually at a welding or auto part place or tjtrailers.com
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets