Tractor Supply utility trailer axle flip

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Tractor Supply utility trailer axle flip

Postby Indiana Rambler » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:54 am

We’ve been driving on these terrible roads in Indiana and from time to time the tires hit the top of my fender wells. I thought I could just flip the axle to under the springs to gain more clearance. But, with doing that, I know the slight arch in the axle is suppose to allow for camber adjustment. My intension is to get some new axle spring perches and weld on to the tube and make or buy new U-bolts to be able to keep the axle in the intended design with the arch in the up position. With that being said, I have just flipped the axle and bolted it to the springs. I checked the camber and have 1.15 degrees of camber. In my many google searches, it appears that his is close to the appropriate amount of camber. Just looking for some input on if I should let this be ok, or should I go through with getting the new spring perches. I don’t really want to upgrade the axle if I don’t have to. Also, I have upgraded the tires to a ST 215/75R14 trailer wheel and tire combo. Thanks for all your feed back!
Indiana Rambler
Teardrop Master

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets