Looking for pre-made trailer

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Looking for pre-made trailer

Postby fbrahic » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:40 pm

Hi there,

I'm starting the design of my build. I'm pretty slim on time & welding skills so I was thinking of getting the trailer made for me (or trying to find an off the shelf trailer that works). I'm looking at a 5x9 or 5x10 base.

Wander Tears offers a 5x8 trailer made specifically for this purpose, which looks great except a bit too small for my purposes and they're on the opposite coast from me.
https://wandertears.com/trailer-frames

Are there any vendors similar to Wander Tears that you guys would recommend, preferably in the western half of the country?

Sincerely,

Frankf
fbrahic
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Looking for pre-made trailer

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:19 pm

fbrahic wrote:Hi there,

I'm starting the design of my build. I'm pretty slim on time & welding skills so I was thinking of getting the trailer made for me (or trying to find an off the shelf trailer that works). I'm looking at a 5x9 or 5x10 base.

Wander Tears offers a 5x8 trailer made specifically for this purpose, which looks great except a bit too small for my purposes and they're on the opposite coast from me.
https://wandertears.com/trailer-frames

Are there any vendors similar to Wander Tears that you guys would recommend, preferably in the western half of the country?

Sincerely,

Frankf

Well, we had a trailer made locally here in Albuquerque by a small shop called BDA Trailers. We discussed what we wanted with the owner, he made some good suggestions, and we had him fabricate it. Seemed a bit pricey for 2018, but less than the wandertears website is charging. Maybe prices have gone up that much though.

154029 153908 153907 153904

But I believe there are many good trailer manufacturers around if you look locally. We interviewed a few, including one here that started by making small trailers. No go--they got too big, had government contracts, and wanted too much.

So I'd suggest you look around your nearest city.

Tom
172912 170466 173366
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Re: Looking for pre-made trailer

Postby fbrahic » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:07 pm

That’s great input, thank you! I have found a fabricator locally but he has limited experience with trailers. I hadn’t realized there might be people who just do trailers out there - will do a search.
fbrahic
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets