Motorcycle Tear, HF question

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Motorcycle Tear, HF question

Postby dglenn1960 » Mon May 08, 2006 4:04 pm

Ok, work has begun on my Moto-Tear. I have the HF frame painted, together, and basically ready to go (see the album for a few pics). Went together pretty well with the new tongue et. al. I added 4 Fulton stabilizers and drilled them for safety clips (don't want anything dropping down in motion behind the bike).

I re-packed the HF bearings, which is highly recommended as the hubs were very dirty inside, and the grease is questionable. And, as might be expected somewhere along the line, one of the grease zirks is missing (the only missing piece I found). So my question is, are the grease zirks on the HF hubs metric or standard?

thx
~dave
dglenn1960
Teardrop Builder

Postby madjack » Mon May 08, 2006 5:31 pm

...well since that HF frame came from either Asia or Eastern Europe, I wouldn't bet on SAE threads............ 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby dglenn1960 » Mon May 08, 2006 5:35 pm

Yea, I'm counting on metric. If I can find zerks in metric, I'll buy one of each (my house is already filled with one of each... of everything). :lol:

~dave
dglenn1960
Teardrop Builder

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets