Safety Chain Provisions

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

Postby Gage » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:28 pm

Melvin wrote: <snip>
Some good luck that your jack was strong enough. I'd bet if it broke off your tongue would have dug in and the feared endo would have ensued.

<snip>

With no wheel on the jack. It could dig into the soft dirt just like the tongue would. Like I said, luckly it didn't but could have. I was also lucky that it headed for the desert and not the other way and maybe have some contact with an on coming car or big rig.

Have a good day.

:thinking:
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:44 pm

I imagine the pucker factor would be high if you saw you tear drop passing you. :frightened:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:04 am

bledsoe3 wrote:I imagine the pucker factor would be high if you saw you tear drop passing you. :frightened:

You don't know the half of it. Before it headed for the desert, I thought it was going to catch me. How do you explain to your insurance that you almost got ran over by your own trailer. It would have been just like my wife trying to explain to her insurance how a lawn mower hit her airplane while she was taxiing for take off. :cry:

Have a good day.

:thinking:
If it can happen, it will happen to Tanya or me. Makes life interesting.
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Previous

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets