drop floor dinette

Ask questions about Harbor Freight trailers, or questions about building your own...

drop floor dinette

Postby KA » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:47 am

Hi,
I'm planning my chassis with a drop floor dinette. I'm assuming that the table should be centered in the door. I plan to have 2 doors so the table will be free-standing. I'm assuming that hanging the table on a closed door would not work very well because of stress to the door. My trailer will be a 5 X 8 Benroy style. My question is, what dimensions would work best for my drop floor box? I want to figure out where to put the cross pieces on the chassis. I also plan to have a front box on the trailer. I'm not sure what tongue length yet.
Any suggestions?
Thanks! :designing:
KA
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:54 pm

KA,

I'll run outside and take some pictures and give you some measurements of my dropped floor.

We have company, so I'll probably post that on Sunday.

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

drop floor dinette

Postby KA » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:34 pm

Thanks Mike!

:D 8) :applause:
Kris
KA
Donating Member

Postby grant whipp » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:08 pm

KA!

You didn't say whether your dinette will seat two side-by-side or four in facing pairs. I've found in my trailers that a 24" front-to-back measurement is just about right for two side-by-side and 30" is comfortable-but-cozy in the facing pair arrangement. Width should be just inside the frame rails, but with enough clearance to get an extended caulking gun tip up to seal the joint there. Depth is up to you and your desired ground clearance - my pans extend below the bottom of the floor 6-1/4"

Good Luck, and ...

CHEERS!

Grant
Celebrating Retirement after over 32 Years of Building, Promoting, Supporting, Supplying, Living the Lifestyle, and Loving Teardrop Trailers!
"Life Moves a Little Slower When You're On Teardrop Time"
The nature of Life, itself, is change ... "Those who matter, don't mind, and those who mind, don't matter."
grant whipp
Teardrop Manufacturer

drop floor dinette

Postby KA » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:43 pm

Thanks Grant! That info is really helpful. I think I want to try to make a dinette for 4 people, although it will ususally only seat 2.
Kris :thinking: :)
KA
Donating Member

Return to Trailer and Chassis Secrets