North! To Alaska . . . .

Alaska

North! To Alaska . . . .

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:45 pm

:woohoo: Hi, TD fans! We are flying to Anchorage in the near future and will be staying in Eagle River with some friends of mine. We will only be there for a week :cry: so we will have limited time, but it would be nice to be able to catch up to some teardroppers in/near Anchorage on an evening or two. :beer: :wine:

Any takers? We'll bring OUR pics if you bring yours (pics or the real deal - whichever one is workable)! Sorry, our TD just wouldn't fit into any suitcase that I could find . . . . It would also be harder to pass it off as ski's or a snowboard, too. :lol: :lol:

Andrea.
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Postby madjack » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:57 pm

:envious: :envious: :envious: :envious: ...yes I am...green that is...looking forward to the return pics...put all your stuff in the TD...add a handle and tell 'em, it is a really big suitcase :lol:
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Mark & Andrea Jones » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:47 pm

madjack wrote::envious: :envious: :envious: :envious: ...yes I am...green that is...looking forward to the return pics...put all your stuff in the TD...add a handle and tell 'em, it is a really big suitcase :lol:
madjack 8)

Dang it! Why didn't I think of that? :lol: :lol: Here I was trying to get everything into one suitcase each. That cast iron might just tip the weight limit. I'll have to leave that at home, I think. Getting the TD out of the baggage area at Anchorage might be a problem, though . . . . Not to mention past TSA. :thinking: :thinking: Might have ta come up with somethin' that will work.

Could be a problem if it got stuck in lost baggage, too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: The travel insurance will only reimburse us for $1,000 on that. We've got WAY more than a $1,000 wrapped up in the TD!

Can you see the claim form?
Size = 5' wide x 11' long (includes tongue) x 5' tall. "Ma'am, don't you mean inches?" "No, sir. I meant FEET!"
Color = Wood sides, white top, with two black wheels & tongue support. "Ma'am, are you sure about the wood sides?" "Oh, absolutely."
Weight = 1,200 lbs. "Ma'am, you've got to be pulling my leg!" "Oh, no sir! Just my suitcase!"

Yeah, right!

Andrea.
Quality Water Treatment Solutions in the New River Valley! www.clearcreekwaterworks.com
Mark & Andrea Jones
The 300 Club

Postby dcbrewmeister » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:27 pm

Alaska Airlines ships vehicles on planes quite(?) often, so 1000lb TD wouldn't be hard for them.

Have fun in AK, out of state fishing permit is $148, maybe more now but, worth it. :thumbsup:
dcbrewmeister
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Alaska

Postby flylink » Fri May 06, 2011 6:09 am

Hi,
If you are looking for the airlines then there is a website which deals with all such flights and they are giving the best price also.. I have already booked my tickets..

Postby gregp136 » Fri May 06, 2011 6:56 am

:stompspam:
gregp136
The 300 Club

Return to Alaska