Traveling to Alaska with Teardrop

Alaska

Re: Traveling to Alaska with Teardrop

Postby razorback » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:24 am

Wow Jeff
Really jealous of the time you will have to travel to Alaska.
Be safe and take lots of pics...
Larry
razorback
Super Lifetime Member

Postby mechmagcn » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:22 am

razorback wrote:Wow Jeff
Really jealous of the time you will have to travel to Alaska.
Be safe and take lots of pics...
Larry

Larry, since I'm not sure I'll ever be able to afford to go back, I might as well stay long enough to see some of it. :D
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby MargaretK » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am

Jeff-
If by any chance your return trip takes you through Wyoming in August, please stop by at the "Walk the Winds" gathering and make us all jealous! Seriously, I am hoping to make the trip to AK next summer (2013) and would love to hear from you how many spares you really needed, etc.

Thanks!
Margaret
MargaretK
Teardrop Inspector

Postby scotta » Thu May 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Went to AK in summer 2011. 12,000 miles with a RAV4 and a Little Guy 5 wide. Had no tire trouble at all. If you're in Fairbanks, it's "only" 500 miles up the Dalton Hwy. to the arctic ocean. Got snowed on 12th of June. Denali is worth the trip, but the best view of the mountain is south, from the Hwy. not in the park. Enjoyed Achorage. City park in Seward is right on the bay cheap camping showers in Harbor masters. Followed Yellowhead highway across Canada til we got to Thunder Bay, Ontario. North shore Lake Superior is beautiful.
scotta
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mechmagcn » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:03 pm

MargaretK wrote:Jeff-
If by any chance your return trip takes you through Wyoming in August, please stop by at the "Walk the Winds" gathering and make us all jealous! Seriously, I am hoping to make the trip to AK next summer (2013) and would love to hear from you how many spares you really needed, etc.

Thanks!
Margaret

I drove 15626 miles total during the 4 month trip and never had a flat tire. I wish I could have stayed out long enough to make it to Walk the Winds, but had to come home.
Jeff & Micki
53 F100
Mercedes turbo diesel
Teardrop "finished" as if they ever are
You can never be lost if you don't care where you are going!
mechmagcn
Donating Member

Postby Lgboro » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:31 pm

I had a Ak. trip planned this past summer but didn't get my retirement checks started in time. I was able to make a 7500 mile tune up trip cross country. If my plan works I'll leave for Alaska this coming April (2013) so all is not lost 8) . Be here before you know it.
Lgboro
500 Club

Postby trucknrn » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi All

Well we are going to create some interest and a invite to see if anybody would like to kinda team up and head north to alaska,I have driven truck up there for years but with a truck you see everything at high speed,with the lil guy we plan on actually seeing things an the thought came to me that one maybe two other tear drops just might be a hoot.

We kinda thought the gathering in Cora,wy would be a great stop then head north.

So many things to see going up, crossing at Sweetgrass,mt then on to Edmonton,Grand Prairie,Dawson,then straight up the alcan an one thing that still hangs on is the old story's of the road,well it is now all chip seal even tho there are a lot of places to get gas keep a can with you.

Dick and Carol Roy
Mayflower,AR
[email protected]
trucknrn
Teardrop Inspector

Postby TD Dave » Sat May 02, 2015 10:04 pm

My son and I are leaving Pa.22 June headed to Yellowstone, Little Big Horn etc, etc,etc then crossing Glacier and picking up 16 and heading up to Alaska via Jasper, Banif, Lake Louise and up to Dawson and the Alcan. My son is flying home second week of August and I'm ' heading back 1 October after moose.
We are taking our Durango and the 5x10 tear I've been building for the last year.
I figure at least 12K around trip. Long ride home alone!!! You only live once, right?
Anyone else headed up around then ?
Dave
TD Dave
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Alaska