Alaska Gathering?

Alaska

Alaska Gathering?

Postby alaska teardrop » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:54 pm

How about your ideas on such things as time and place for a T&TTT get together in Alaska?
    Fred
    :peace:
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Chris C » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Okay, Fred, first off, ya need to wire some cash for the gasoline tab. :roll: Then send a note to a lot of bosses who aren't going to understand how important it is for all these folks to take off for 3 weeks to make the trip. :lol: Then brace yourself for the onslaught of teardroppers who want to make the trip! :thumbsup: Sounds like the trip of a lifetime.........................maybe after retirement.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Go for it, Fred

Postby Guy » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:29 pm

Dear Fred,

Go for it Fred. Find a place and time. Find the cost of the camping. There are a lot of us who will help you. What you are doing is exactly how the Redwoods Gathering came about. Dean asked me on the phone if I thought it would be a good thing as he and Joannie already thought it up and they liked it. It grew from there. And I am pretty sure that is how all Teardrop Gatherings have started.

AND most of all do not listen to the idiot who tried to pee on your idea by writing:

first off, ya need to wire some cash for the gasoline tab. Then send a note to a lot of bosses who aren't going to understand how important it is for all these folks to take off for 3 weeks to make the trip.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Chris C » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:47 pm

I wasn't trying to pee on his idea. I think it is a GREAT one. In fact, if you'll read my post, I said it sounded like the trip of a lifetime. Who you callin' an idiot, anyway? :lol:

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Chris C

Postby madjack » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:32 am

Fred, the first thing I would do is get a gathering with those of the Alaska folks who can make it sometimes this summer, ya might even get a Canuck or two.

Talk it over with whoever you can get to attend for some ideas about location etc

Plan on a large gathering maybe in '08 and work towards that...the ITG will probably be in Minden in '07 and no use competeing against that for a major trip like Alaska would be..

due to distance and expense a large gathering planed for '08 would give many a chance to plan ahead for it...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Larry Messaros » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:24 am

Fred,

I would be willing to host overnight stays for any West Coasters who would be travelling between Vancouver and Prince George if you thought it would help with your planning.

This is the view from our back door.
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:13 am

Maybe if you offered to fly in a bunch of our teardrops... :? :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:52 am

What out, Mike, Guy will accuse you of peeing on Fred's idea and start calling you an idiot! :bounce:

Chris C

Postby toypusher » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:05 am

mikeschn wrote:Maybe if you offered to fly in a bunch of our teardrops... :? :lol:

Mike...

Not to hijack this thread, but! :shock: Who's gonna build a flying teardrop now?? :lol:

Fred,

Maybe if you could build a bunck of tears that folks could rent after they fly up there. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Chris C » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:28 am

Actually, putting about 50 teardrops in cargo plane might be a really good idea. I recently saw a television show where they put a bunch of rich people's yachts onto one big ship to save the owner's from having to sail to the other side of the ocean!

The trip to Alaska is something I've always dreamed of, and may even do someday. A trailer would be a great way to do it. Just can't do it now. Hope a lot of you get to go. If you do, promise to take a LOT of pictures for those of us left behind.

Chris C

Good doing Larry

Postby Guy » Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:43 pm

Dear larry,

Great offer and a lot better view than travelling to Nebraska. You will be surprised at how many people would want ot make that trip, especially with such a beautiful waystation.

Remember that many of us on this board are retired, and do not have the same concerns as those that still have to work. So we are freer with our time and not beholden to bosses(if we were ever beholden to bosses).

Larry, is that Green Lake in your pic?

I will also get a chance to go back and visit Gibson's Landing which I have not had the pleasure to do since I worked for CBC/RC.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Good doing Larry

Postby Larry Messaros » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:32 pm

Guy wrote:Dear larry,

Great offer and a lot better view than travelling to Nebraska. You will be surprised at how many people would want ot make that trip, especially with such a beautiful waystation.

I could probably hold about a dozen tears and vehicles. It would be cozy but doable. There is also a government campsite down the road with lots of room to spread out if need be.

Guy wrote:Remember that many of us on this board are retired, and do not have the same concerns as those that still have to work. So we are freer with our time and not beholden to bosses(if we were ever beholden to bosses).

Yah, I still have to go to work, but I still get holidays and I bank lots of overtime. Even when I retire I still won't have enough time to do all the stuff I want. (At least that's what my current "boss" says!) :lol:

Guy wrote:Larry, is that Green Lake in your pic?

Yes it certainly is. We've had the place for 10 years but we just moved up full time last summer. It's a wonderful piece of paradise.

Guy wrote:
I will also get a chance to go back and visit Gibson's Landing which I have not had the pleasure to do since I worked for CBC/RC.

Gibson's is a nice little community and a great place to travel to visit. I haven't been there for about 14 years.

What's the "RC" mean?
:thinking:
Larry Messaros
:snow
Cariboo Country: If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!
Larry Messaros
Platinum Donating Member

Postby alaska teardrop » Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:43 pm

Well, this thread is off to a flying start! :chicken:
    Chris - Unfortunately, about the only thing inexpensive in Alaska is the scenery. $> And the distances just plain require more time.
    Larry - What a fine offer. :shake hands:
    I,ve driven through your area in winter on the way north, and it is certainly part of a special trip. :thumbsup:
    I have not yet driven the Yellowhead and Stewart/Cassiar. I understand that route is also a beautiful alternative to a portion of the ALCAN. ??
    One could also connect with the ferry at Prince Rupert.
    Madjack - Does that mean we'll see that good lookin' teardrop in '08? 8)
    Mike & Kerry - my arms aren't strong enough anymore to fly that many teardrops. Maybe one ultralight! :)
    Speaking of flying - (This may be a bit of Teardrop Heresy) :?
    But, there are a number of places that rent RVs to people who fly up.
    I'm aquinted with the Go-North folks in Fairbanks and would highly recommend them.
    Buy way of business I've met the owner of ABC in Anchorage and had a chance to look over his very large operation at the ANC airport. He does rent TABs.
    Note that some rental companies may limit the highways (gravel) allowed to travel. And you'd miss out on Larry's territory & offer! :(
    Guy - Ah to be retired! :ok:
    Fred :snow
    Jim & Dave - Help!?
Northern Lite Traveler design: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=51991
Minimalist torsion axle frame: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=12220
Alaska Teardrop photo gallery: http://tnttt.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=2014
Glampette photo gallery; gallery/album.php?album_id=2983&sk=t&sd=d&st=0
alaska teardrop
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Fred,
The lure of Alaska is more than enough to get a gathering together...
I like Doug's suggestion from the other thread about driving up to Seattle and boarding the ferry for a couple of days, then doing the AlCan Highway on the return trip home.
Count me in, if not just for an Early Bird for '07...
I'm looking at blocking out a two week window of time for this.

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:13 pm

Fred,

:o OH Yeah.
I could go for '08 or '07 if I got a job. We have always wanted to make it up there. June or July please. :snowstorm:

How's the fishing?

Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Next

Return to Alaska