I.C.E.

Important Information and Stickies...
(Threads with essential information about building teardrops)

I.C.E.

Postby bobhenry » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:16 am

Just yesterday I became aware of a law enforcement program called I.C.E.

"In Case of emergency.

Should you be involved in an accident and unable to respond and have your cell phone the officers are now instructed to look in the phone index for "ICE". This will give them an instant contact to family or friend that will be able to assist them in getting in touch with the proper folks. There are provisions for ice 1 ice 2 ice 3 etc. as possible contacts. It sounded like a very safe and sane plan and I tossed in a coule contact numbers in mine yesterday. Just an F.Y.I. about I.C.E.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Re: I.C.E.

Postby WhitneyK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:31 am

Or just look for the contact: "MOM"
Whitney & Tracie
Crothersville, IN

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Do not confuse what you hear with what I mean.

My build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41955

160061-------------------------------101114
States we've drug our
li'l camper through. (44 States + Vancouver Island and over 45,000 miles so far)
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby absolutsnwbrdr » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:47 am

Good post Bob. Thats been around for a while, but many still do not know about it.

Whitney, that's another thing that many people do not know about..... It's been recommended to not use any words that describe a relationship when saving contacts to your cell phone. If a thief were to get their hands on your phone, they could potentially exploit that information by phishing for information from those contacts. I know, its not likely for that to happen, but it has before, and you just never know these days. :?
Zach
Coming Soon...
Image Image
absolutsnwbrdr
Donating Member

Postby WhitneyK » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:55 am

absolutsnwbrdr wrote:Whitney, that's another thing that many people do not know about..... It's been recommended to not use any words that describe a relationship when saving contacts to your cell phone. If a thief were to get their hands on your phone, they could potentially exploit that information by phishing for information from those contacts.

Get information out of MY Mother, ya, good luck with that! She don't even tell me diddley! :lol:
Whitney & Tracie
Crothersville, IN

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Do not confuse what you hear with what I mean.

My build: http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=41955

160061-------------------------------101114
States we've drug our
li'l camper through. (44 States + Vancouver Island and over 45,000 miles so far)
WhitneyK
Gold Donating Member

Postby thejj » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 am

this is used alot in the UK and has been around many yrs but there are many that still dont no about it
2+2 WILL BE BUILT JUST STARTING 18MTHS TO BUILD I HOPE
thejj
Teardrop Inspector

Postby outd00rjunkie » Mon May 27, 2013 4:48 am

I've certainly heard of this but as an EMT I have never checked someone's phone for any contact before. Vegas gets a lot of people who are too altered (possibly drunk) &not in their right minds. We just take them to the hospital and they wait till they sober up or come to and make contact themselves.
outd00rjunkie
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mary C » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:03 am

My son is a capt with a fire dept. he has used this several times in accidents. All police and fire depts. and EMTs are aware of I.C.E. and recommend that everyone use and program it into your phone. Almost all police in all states know and use it, If I am traveling in your state and had an medical emergency the police and EMT can use my phone to get an emergency contact and some important medical facts. It also helps if you loose your phone. Some people have not heard of it but the police look for it in GA. (my mother has been dead for 30 years) the closest person to me is a friend. She knows who to contact in case of emergency, She is levelheaded and knows my family I let her know when I am out of town. Her name and phone number is in the ICE position that is already programmed for it. also It has a page for medical facts so I put my allergies on it. This is lifesaving information,

Thanks Bob henry for mentioning it.

Mary C. :)
Mary C
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby celticquetzel » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:54 am

Many communities have a reverse cell phone notification system you can sign up for electronically... even temporarily. Having been evacuated twice due to fires it was THE primary way we were notified quickly what was happening and what we needed to do. You can register the area where you'll be so they notify geographically. Highly recommended.
celticquetzel
Teardrop Master

Postby Verna » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:56 am

This thread prompted me to update my I.C.E. list. With Daddy in the nursing home with Advanced Alzheimer's, I removed him from my I.C.E. list. It's down to my brother and sister.
Verna
Indianapolis, IN
Verna
Gold Donating Member

Postby LarryJ » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:20 pm

bobhenry wrote:Just yesterday I became aware of a law enforcement program called I.C.E.

"In Case of emergency.

Should you be involved in an accident and unable to respond and have your cell phone the officers are now instructed to look in the phone index for "ICE". This will give them an instant contact to family or friend that will be able to assist them in getting in touch with the proper folks. There are provisions for ice 1 ice 2 ice 3 etc. as possible contacts. It sounded like a very safe and sane plan and I tossed in a coule contact numbers in mine yesterday. Just an F.Y.I. about I.C.E.

And for those that lock your phone - there are apps that will put this data on your lockscreen, or at the very least allow you to edit your lockscreen image by adding your ICE contacts directly to it.

LRJ
Have Fun!!!
LarryJ
Donating Member

Re: I.C.E. (and alternatives)

Postby bearfromobx » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:06 am

An alternative I have found and use regularly is called a Road ID (WWW.ROADID.COM) Interactive. As someone who works solo and plays outdoors, I have a couple of different versions for different uses, including a lace tag which attaches to my running shoes, a dogtag for work and a wrist band for general outdoor activities. Each one is made of quality stainless and laser engraved with the information I request, but each also includes a serial number and a PIN which accesses a personal medical and contact data file through their web site or by phone which is very complete and easily updated at any time. Very easy and very complete information when you cannot speak for yourself.

Bear
Just an overeducated Redneck with a love of learnin' ...
bearfromobx
Teardrop Builder

Postby sdakotadoug » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:53 am

I know that this isn't a new thread but just came across it. My wife has multiple health problems any one of which could be life threatening. She now has her Iphone programed. Just wanted to say thanks. Thanks Bobhenry, appreciate it. Doug
sdakotadoug
Teardrop Advisor

Re: I.C.E. (and alternatives)

Postby tagalong » Fri May 01, 2015 7:16 pm

bearfromobx wrote:An alternative I have found and use regularly is called a Road ID (http://WWW.ROADID.COM) Interactive. As someone who works solo and plays outdoors, I have a couple of different versions for different uses, including a lace tag which attaches to my running shoes, a dogtag for work and a wrist band for general outdoor activities. Each one is made of quality stainless and laser engraved with the information I request, but each also includes a serial number and a PIN which accesses a personal medical and contact data file through their web site or by phone which is very complete and easily updated at any time. Very easy and very complete information when you cannot speak for yourself.

Bear

I've used the Road ID in the past while riding a motorcycle. Kept one set of dog tags around my neck and another attached to the zipper of my riding jacket. But I recently saw my replacement in the current issue of the American Motorcyclist Association's monthly mag. Its called Epic ID. Its a medical alert bracelet that when unclasped, is a USB thumb drive that you store all your contact info and medical info on. IMHO, much better than Road ID because its a one time purchase and no yearly fee to keep that info on a server.https://www.epic-id.com
Roll Tide Roll!!!
tagalong
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Delta99 » Fri May 08, 2015 6:51 am

My andriod has a cool feature where you can program contacts for an "SOS." If you push the power button 3 times in rapid succession, it will send out an "SOS" text to your programmed contacts. It sends a message to the effect of "Call 911, I need help" or something like that. It will text your gps location, a picture from the front and back cameras and a 10 second audio. It's a good way to call for help if you can't speak. I had to disable it though after "butt dialing" an emergency a few times. Good to know about though
Delta99
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Essential Information about building teardrops