Newbie From California

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie From California

Postby BigRedHiker » Fri May 29, 2015 2:49 am

Deleted
Last edited by BigRedHiker on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BigRedHiker
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie From California

Postby bc toys » Fri May 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Welcome to site from Las Vegas Nv Good luck with your ideal of building for others
bc toys
2000 Club
2000 Club

Postby Midget » Fri May 29, 2015 5:17 pm

Welcome to the forum. It's a nice looking trailer. What part of California are you from?

Bob
Midget
Teardrop Master

Postby ctstaas » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:36 pm

Hi BigRed, I'm in Chico, CA. Your design and work are fine. The market pool is small and there are established competitors. The profit margin is small but it's a labor of love right? Good project management makes many great things possible. If we can help just hollar.
Enjoy, Chris
ctstaas
Teardrop Master

Postby BigRedHiker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:49 pm

Midget wrote:Welcome to the forum. It's a nice looking trailer. What part of California are you from?

Bob

Sherwood Forest in Los Angeles county
BigRedHiker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BigRedHiker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:51 pm

bc toys wrote:Welcome to site from Las Vegas Nv Good luck with your ideal of building for others

Thanks for the Welcome
BigRedHiker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby BigRedHiker » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:53 pm

ctstaas wrote:Hi BigRed, I'm in Chico, CA. Your design and work are fine. The market pool is small and there are established competitors. The profit margin is small but it's a labor of love right? Good project management makes many great things possible. If we can help just hollar.
Enjoy, Chris

Thanks for the offer,
What do you manufacture for the RV industry?
Seems we are always asking about new methods and materials.

I myself have been involved with millwork and store fixture manufacturing for 35 years, so a lot of that knowledge and skill set are whats behind launching Dream-Inn Coachworks.

In my opinion, One of the key reasons to make a prototype is to explore market potential, discover manufacturing methods and evaluate the engineering side of the design. So far,It tows like a breeze and we are just beginning to evaluate function in the field.
Although more than a year was spent in research and design ,the prototype was made in less than 30 manufacturing days and that will get streamlined with a limited production quantity. Even with improvements, the labor requirements of a benchmade product will still be demanding.
Therefore,with the standard of workmanship , attention to detail, unique design theme and materials we use, Dream-Inn Coachworks will most likely only be available to those looking for the Best and knowing that lasting quality comes with a higher price.
We think there is a market for those of whom want a list of specs with such things as Aluminum composite exterior panels,high pressure applied poly-urea coatings, Vertical Grain Teak wood veneered cabins, 21 gal fresh water and a 8" custom 100% latex mattress.
That has always been the foundation for our millwork manufacturing and think the small size trailer market needs such a product.
If we didn't , we could easily follow the footsteps of those other manufacturers or the many available designs for easy builds.
BigRedHiker
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Vedette » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Welcome! And Good Luck with your new venture. :thumbsup:
As already mentioned, there is a fairly competitive market out there, and not as many consumers as one might like when in in the manufacturing business.
Also the Teardrop Community is completely different than one might first think???? :thinking: I would suggest you get out there with your proto type for a couple of years, attending as many Gatherings as you can, in as many "different " regions before you jump into business. ;)
Look forward to seeing you and your trailer ideas down the road somewhere?
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi
Here is a link to my Build Journal
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=50912
Image109106109111109110138766
Vedette
Silver Donating Member

Postby BigRedHiker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:45 am

Vedette wrote:Welcome! And Good Luck with your new venture. :thumbsup:
As already mentioned, there is a fairly competitive market out there, and not as many consumers as one might like when in in the manufacturing business.
Also the Teardrop Community is completely different than one might first think???? :thinking: I would suggest you get out there with your proto type for a couple of years, attending as many Gatherings as you can, in as many "different " regions before you jump into business. ;)
Look forward to seeing you and your trailer ideas down the road somewhere?
Good Roads
Brian & Sandi

Nice Job Brian and Sandy on a Very creative and artsy car/ trailer build. Definitely one of a kind.

Couple of years evaluating a sales market before taking orders...that's a new one.
Could you be more specific with how the teardrop community is so different than one would expect.
Seems like many of the manufacturers that Im aware of have been producing units for several years, so they must be selling them to someone.
We also see market potential beyond just the teardrop community, especially with California buyers.
But thanks for the warnings.
BigRedHiker
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves