Hello from Central CA Coast

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Central CA Coast

Postby mobilechernobyl » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi, another cargo trailer conversion project here! I have a 7x12 Wells Cargo, single axle, barn doors. Total weight dripping wet should be 3500lbs and towing vehicle GVWR is 6500 - plenty of extra power with 4x4, V8 and diff locker. I have been using it for weekend trips here and there over the summer (Pismo Dunes, Los Padres) and tweaking the layout and have finally settled on a floor plan. Well, its more accurate to say a deadline settled on my plan. Need to get this done asap, I will be boondocking on desert land soon and am woefully unprepared.

Right now my goals are to: 1. finish "energy audit" 2. tally the total weight and see how that affects my battery choice 3. finish my blueprints and show to you all so you can hopefully look for errors or better ways to do things. Also, I will order CA immobilizer locks for doors and wheels, Tekonsha brake controller...and I MUST decide on the solar kit in next few days.

Look forward to getting to know you all, love the all the photos, camping stories, build logs, and nuggets of information gold this website has.
mobilechernobyl
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Hello from Central CA Coast

Postby jondbar628 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Welcome aboard Mobile........Enjoy your journey.........jd
jondbar628
Teardrop Master

Postby FoxenTec » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:00 pm

Just left the C. Coast but still in Cali.. Keep us posted on your progress. We are just starting our Cargo build also. Will you be adding windows?

Cheers,
Jon
FoxenTec
California Central Valley
FoxenTec
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ron Dickey » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:28 am

I have seen some really interesting conversions in my travels. Got any pictures of you interior?

Ron
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves