Newbie from Michigan

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Newbie from Michigan

Postby mmccrumb » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 pm

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike, and I am so thrilled to have found this site. My ultimate goal, and one currently in process, is to make a TTT of some kind. Leaning towards the Squaredrop for carpentry reasons. I've sourced a travel-trailer that I'm demolishing, scavenging, and tearing down to the frame (previous owner had a tree fall on it), bought for $300. I hope to make a TTT that can support my RTT, and provide warmer cold-weather camping, and bad-weather reprieve, while out hiking. I'll be perusing the invaluable resources I've seen on this wonderful forum, and hopefully bringing many ideas to fruition in a build. I look forward to finding many answers already covered on this site, and will do my best to scour the site for an answer before posting any questions :)

The demo has already begin, and I've pulled out the functional furnace, fridge, cook top, sink, and lots of hardware (hinges, knobs, etc...). Still need to pull a few tanks, pump, water heater, windows, doors, and piano hinges off the end "slide outs."

Excited to learn from the wealth of knowledge y'all have here!

Thanks!
Mike
Attachments
IMG_8157.jpg
Current status of demo
IMG_8157.jpg (54.24 KiB) Viewed 134 times
IMG_7675(1).jpg
Exterior of soon-to-be torn down trailer
IMG_7675(1).jpg (37.77 KiB) Viewed 134 times
mmccrumb
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Newbie from Michigan