Hi from Denmark.

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hi from Denmark.

Postby malax » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:44 pm

Hi to all T&TTT lovers.

My name is José Malax and I write from Denmark.

I have only seen Teardrops in photos. All Caravan dealers I have checked, they do not know about any dealer in this country, and the only addresses I´ve got until now are in England, (The Sleeper, or The KongTikki), but I want to find it, some place else in Europe (Holland, Germany, France, etc) and if anyone has addresses of dealers around here, I will appreciate it.

I envy all the possibilities you have in the states and Canada, I hope it will start also in Europe.

Cheers, José.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Mike C. » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi Jose,

Welcome to the forum. Well if you can't find one to purchase, you can always build your own. We have free plans on here and there are a bunch of great build ideas under "The Hall of Fame" at the top left of each page. But look around, get in and ask questions and most of all have fun.

See you around. :thumbsup:
Uncle M ( Mike )
Mike C.
our Uncle M

Postby malax » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:22 pm

Thanks Mike for your welcome.

I am a artist and use to work with wood, iron, you name it. Painting or welding was not a problem for me me until I´ve got hit by a ictus for two years ago. It is a pity I have never seen a dear Teardrop at that time.

I have forgotten to put my website in my first presentation post:

www.malax.dk

Mike, I have finally found a dealer not very far from where I leave, in Holland, and I am thinking in giving them a visit next month, there website is only in hollandsk (that together with danish are not languages but punishments ('8)') ) and I don't know if it can be more or less understood, here it is:

http://www.camptrailer.nl/

and if i get more info in english I will put it here to know your opinions about this Holland Camptrailer.

I promise I will have fun, and little by little make a virtual tour here to get well informed about this world of T&TTT.

My best regards, José
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Welcome Jose

Postby Guy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:29 pm

Dear Jose,

We have a very active member on this forum from Finland. He has be here for a couple of years and is building his own tear. His name is Classic Finn (Heikki) and he probably knows about everything available in Scandinavia or nearby.
Regards,

Guy
Keep on living, laughing, learning and loving.
Guy
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby angib » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:27 pm

José, welcome.

I think that Camptrailer is actually made in Portugal and it is certainly sold in several European countries under different names.

There is a maker of very small fiberglass teardrops in Vechta (just south of Bremen) and here is the thread where we discussed it.

Oh, and someone in Denmark has an original (American) Modernistic/Cub teardrop trailer, but I don't have any contact with them.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby malax » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:48 pm

Thanks again, I can se I´m in the right place.

I saw before the post with the german teardrop, and is in the way to Groningen, Holland, so I can visit them.

I find the german, to simple. Without doors and the interior as a "empty trailer", and more expensive that the Holland one, which I find quite full of supplies in such a small space (kitchen, water, sink, beds, and place for other supplies etc.).

Anyway is my first contact and I will be gaining info around until I buy it.

The Finsk member, and his info of Scandinavian Teardrops sounds very interesting.

Saludos, José.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Welcome Jose,
The activity here in the states has been gaining each year. I started my TD in 2001 and the activity since then has been amazing.

This site has so many good building tips and huge knowledge base that I'm sure you will be involved soon.
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby doug hodder » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 pm

Welcome aboard guy!!! Your creative background is your best asset for building a tear or caravan. Build what you want, have fun with the build. The big "pump" is when you take it out for it's first trip...That makes it all worth while...Looking forward to seeing what you build. :thumbsup: Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby H@nk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Malax,

Welcome from a Dutchman, living in the area of Rotterdam.
Dutch is a statement, not a punishment.
What about this one
http://www.abeltasmaninnovations.com/wind/
Its also only in Dutch, but the pictures are nice and I understand what thy are telling. You can also look at the T@B.
Enjoy and ask a lot of questions.
Old bread isn't hard, no bread, that's hard.
H@nk
The 300 Club

Postby malax » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:33 pm

:thinking: :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you.

I have taken some addresses in my not far away trip to Groningen.

I hope soon I can send a photo of my Tinydreams.

P.S. I love Holland, and I´m surprise how much I can understand thanks to my danish, there are many similarities.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Classic Finn » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:13 pm

malax wrote::thinking: :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you.

I have taken some addresses in my not far away trip to Groningen.

I hope soon I can send a photo of my Tinydreams.

P.S. I love Holland, and I´m surprise how much I can understand thanks to my danish, there are many similarities.

Hej Denmark

Welkommen, Jag heter Heikki och jag har en liten Teardrop som jag byggde minsjälf. Jag bor i södra Finland.

Jag kan hjälpa dej med en plan. ;)

Now this is great even a Danish Member, :thumbsup: Malax I can give you some ideas and info if you like..

Ive been to Jutland as well. I see thats where your studio is..

Now I know Danes can understand Swedish and Norwegian but for us its a litte more difficult to understand Danish but English works fine amongst all, thank god cause I highly doubt not too many speak Finnish out there. :lol:

Ive got a lot of info also for parts and material. I think I have enough to fill a book soon .. :D

Again Welcome

Regards
Classic Finn ;)
Royal Teardrop Society Scandinavian Bureau Chief of Staff

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Finn

Postby malax » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:10 pm

Mange Tak Finn for dit velkommen.

I am my self from northern Spain, that's because I said some place that danish and holland language was a "punishment".

My last name, from my Basque ancestors is Malax, and is also a region in Finland, if there were some Teardrops I thin I could get a discount for that :lol: .

My congratulations to the Finland folk, you are number one in the best educational system in the World according to PISA statistics, and that includes children whom speaks more than 4 different languages.

Finn, for circumstances to long to explain, I do not find my self building it right now (even admiring the photo of yours), but I will appreciate if you have any information about places here in Scandinavia where I could may get some TD second hand.

Sooner or later I will get one and I will send photos from Stonehenge and La Camargue Gipsy Festival in south of France where I am planing to take in my first European trip to test my strength 8) .

I have done it before with a old VW when I was younger, very nice at that hippies years, but now, with the new cars where every thing works, I see what a did almost as a adventure with "horses".

Once I get one, I will ask for any help of how to equipped it as comfortable as possible. By this I mean heat and air conditioned, computer, GPS, tv and music, and any other ideas I know I can receive from all of you.

Again thanks and cheers. ;)
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Classic Finn » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:57 am

Malax

If you like I can build you a basic tear.. I dont have one For Sale yet but if you like we can do it for you.

Unless the wife wants to sell the Voyager.. ;) also I know there is a guy in France that builds them but the price is quite expensive.. there is a better chance of getting one used in England.

Here in Finland Im the only one so far building a tear. Im not sure of Sweden though.. If I see anything I,ll let you know..

If you want keep in touch and I,ll be glad to assist. In summer we could meet in southern Sweden or in Denmark with ours so you can see it in person.. or your welcome to come here to visit us.

Classic Finn ;)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Postby malax » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:51 pm

Heikki, as an old anarchist I love kindness. Thanks for your offer to help. :thumbsup:

There is a old theory in Scandinavia that says that the megaliths (stendysserne), dolmens. monoliths, etc where made by men in matriarchal times, which wives have them busy for generations so the will not loose their time in wars or watching paleo-football.

With this I mean that may be your scandinavian wife could consider to sell your beautiful Voyager, and keep you occupied at home building a new one. Image

Of all the dear Teardrops I have seen, the type of your voyager is the one I like more. I think is the american style and the one made in England by KongTikky.
I contacted them by email, and got a good information and I think they really like what they do and it can see in their product, but it is a little expensive for my projects. That's because I went thinking about second hand, and contacted the Tiny Smilo in Holland which are cheaper and they have some second hands and are made by the rules of people driving in the "wright side" of the road. :)

Now I´m getting into learning about camping and I see that France, Sweden, Norway an in other countries, people can camp out in the free. In Denmark —maybe because is so little—, it is only permitted to camp in Campings, which by the way I think they are not expensive and like a 5 stars hotel.

But Heikki if you are crossing thru Denmark you are welcome to visit me, and living in the country side I can let my friends to camp in my land.
This invitation can be extended to other members of T&TTT, if traveling to Northern Europe, if they contact me.

Thanks and cheers

Malax, anarchomarxist.
malax
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Classic Finn » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:49 pm

Evening Malax

I found the French Made Tear website:

http://peno.chez-alice.fr/alternative/index.htm

He charges 3000 Euro for this even though in my opinion its not an American Style. I guess Im being "Finnicky" :lol: :lol: But a cute lil tear in any case. Price isnt too bad.

And our Voyager would be about double in price to that if we sell.
Ours has a lot of Forum History and US Imported Parts & Pieces to it.

Ohh cant forget the sentimental value of it either.. :D

Classic Finn :)

Classic Finn
Midnight Sun Voyager
Midnight Sun Voyager

Next

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves