Hello from Pensacola

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Pensacola

Postby Mary K » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:07 am

Hello Folks,

My name is Mary K and I have to confess I posted a message before I introduced myself. My deepest apologies for barging in :oops:

I live in Pensacola, FL and I am a CAD (Computer Drafter) Operator for a company that builds CEMS for the Power Industry.

A few months ago I saw something on the travel channel on Vintage Trailers and Teardrops and was hooked. I have surfed the internet endlessly looking for the right trailer, should I build one, should I buy one to restore, should I buy new.... I think I have now narrowed it down to building one. I'm even considering getting another part time job to finance it (home owners insurance is killing me).

Anywho, I want to say thanks to the powers that be for this Awesome Forum!! :beautiful:
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:03 am

Hey Mary,

Welcome to the forum. We love new CAD users. I love seeing new cad drawings and MJ luvs dem pics, so you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone if you upload a bunch of CAD Pictures! ;) :lol:

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby AmyH » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:31 am

Welcome aboard Mary! ;) Nice to see another woman on the board. :thumbsup: Everyone on the board is amazingly helpful, just make sure you provide MJ (and the rest of us, of course) with the pics! 8)

Amy
Amy
"...follow humbly whereever and to whatever abyss Nature leads, or else you shall learn nothing." T.H. Huxley

Photo Log
Camping Trips with the Tear
AmyH
*The 300 Club

Postby Sonetpro » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:40 am

Welcome to the forum Mary K. Good to see another lady aboard. Look around and you'll see lotsa ladies here building. Have fun with your build I'm looking forward to keeping up with it.
Oh I don't know if any body metioned it but the price of admission here is pic's.
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:59 am

Ya scarred me there for a min...thought I'd have to go back to school and learn what a CAD picture was.... :R

I love doing CAD, but all I know is 2D, and some ISO. But if anyone needs some sketches done on CAD I'd Love to help.
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:07 pm

Hiya Mary and welcome...as far as pics go we want 'em all, you/pet/mate/house/car/yard/kids/neighbor....keep us informed and have fun...you are addicted and on teardrop time now....
madjack(MJ) 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:15 pm

Mary, welcome and thanks for bringing a little more femininity to the forum !!! from the teardrop gals... me (Julie) , Amy, Courtney (mercy!), Joanne, Miriam (Aunti M), Cindy, Trudy, and many many more... I can't remember all the gals names!!!
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby b.bodemer » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:23 pm

it's cool to have so many women builders and I'm glad to be one of them. My new building mantra is K.I.S.S. ......Keep It Simple Sister!
Barb :thumbsup:
b.bodemer
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:24 pm

Mine too.... but that's why us women are so thrifty, sensible and have more money! hahaha ... okay, well maybe not that last one . But we are good for brainstorming and the whimsy of the trailers.

Hang in there !!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:17 pm

b.bodemer wrote:it's cool to have so many women builders and I'm glad to be one of them. My new building mantra is K.I.S.S. ......Keep It Simple Sister!
Barb :thumbsup:

:lol: 8) Ditto!
Welcome Mary K. Don't expect to have extra money from here on out. $> .Thrifty doesn't help much when there are so many really nice T/TTT out there to yearn over.

Boy could we use more cad people!!!! Just can't find the time to wrap my head around it.
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mary K » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:02 pm

I have got the T/TT bug so bad now, I havent been able to think of anything else all day. I have been checking this forum out and searching it for questions I have and I started a drawing for my design.. hum?...obsessive compulsive? :dancing ....YES!

I am so glad I found this forum, you guys (& Gals) Rock!
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby madjack » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:05 pm

...If it feels good or tastes good, it's either, illegal, immoral, or fattening....or has to do with teardropping :D :lol: ;)
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Mary K » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:45 pm

MJ, Yes it seems that I should add that to my motto

Also MJ, for you, I added some pics to my album... No Teardrop build pics YET...but hopfully soon. Just pics of the mutts... er ... :eyebrows: and me.

I'll get some pics of my neighbor later for ya :lol:
Mary K

Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby jklittleguy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:49 pm

hello and welcom from the littleguy
Justin Kicos
After Market Manager
Shipping/receiving
www.golittleguy.com
jklittleguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby peggyearlchris » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:54 pm

:) Welcome Mary K. Your dogs are so cute :D :D I love my dogs. They like to go camping with me. God Bless 8) Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves