New guy

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

New guy

Postby Willard » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:21 am

Hey folks! I am Willard,an am new to this site.I am from Clarksville,Tn.I suppose myself and a million other people saw the program on TV a couple of weeks ago and,to sat the least,was quite intriqued.After doing reseach on line ,well, I can do it too.Oh yeah,spent $60 bucks on ebay for some not so good plans.But now I have a plan.And most of it has come from this site.And I thank you all.And by the way I have lots of questions.You folks have a great day.
Willard
Teardrop Inspector

Postby sid » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:29 am

Welcome Willard,

We're just down the road from you in Smyrna. Glad to have another Volunteer on the site and good luck with your build. I think the plans and and advice you can get here on the forum will probably be all you need.

Happy Camping......
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Postby Loader » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:31 am

Welcome Willard. I'm certain all your questions will be answered here. Great group of people, and I know my build would be a lot more difficult without these folks.

What plans did you buy? Like many, I purchased from Kuffel Creek, very good plans, of course I have made my own changes along the way, but they have served as a great guide. The free plans that Mike has posted as Generic Benoy will also prove helpful. Andrews profile info is also very helpful.

Again, welcome, ask your questions, and as Madjack always says, "we luv da pics"!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Ken A Hood » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:42 am

The $60 plans sound like the Desert Teardrop plans, I bought these ones 1st as well and was disappointed............outdated links (pricing etc) and a poor qualtity photocopy job...............that when I got Kevin's and later Steve's plans..........
Disclaimer: I in no way resemble the avatar shown. Furthermore, I in no way have any affiliation to the Trailer Park Boys and more specifically Bubbles!
Ken A Hood
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:44 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of wacko's... no I mean teardrop building!!! Really, this site is the BEST information, encouragement and new camping friends you will ever find!!

The BEST advice I can give you is to see one in person!!! There are campouts or gatherings coming up this summer and fall in WV, AL, LA and NC or take the invitation of many great teardroppers there in your neck of the woods. There's nothing like seeing one in person and actually laying down in one to give you the true sense of the teardrop!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Welcome Willard,
Enjoy your build and remember to feed the addicts on the site. We need pictures in a bad way. 8) You'll see as you go along and catch yourself just looking for some new pictures.

Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby peggyearlchris » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:50 pm

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: welcome Willard. I brought my plans also.I have learned so much more from this form. A bunch of great people.bye now start making saw dust. :applause: :applause: Peg
peggyearlchris
500 Club

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves