Hello from Indiana

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Hello from Indiana

Postby Tripmaker » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Hi all. I have just discoverd tear drops. They have been around for longer than my 56 years and I now just discovered them. I have camped for years starting with backpacking in my teens and twenty's, to tent camping, then pop-up's when kids came along. We sold our last pop-up when kids became involved in school activities and jobs. Now that they are gone and out of the house my interest in camping has been rejuvinated. We were first attracted to pop-ups by their relitively small size and weight for towing. When we used a pop-up we lived outside of it, cooked and ate outside, and rarely used the built in stove, sink, etc. I had been searching for just a pop-up camper without the extra's. A few days ago by accident I found a Little Guy on a dealer's lot. I like the idea of the outdoor galley. Well one thing led to another and I discovered the tear drop world on the web. A whole cult, for lack of better term, that I didn't know existed. I am now intrigued by the idea of building one. However, don't know if I have the patience and skils to complete the job. I may just search to buy a completed one or possibly an pre fabricated kit. Anyway I'm open for suggestions, and my search begins.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby oklahomajewel » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:29 pm

Welcome Tripmiester ... or Tripmaster... or Tripmaker.... any of those might fit! hahaa

In your area of the country, Ohio specifically , check out the Yoter Toder or Yoder Toter... can't remember spelling . He sells on Ebay.
I personally prefer those galleys and they are Amish built and sleek!

Glad you found us!!!

Julie
Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby madjack » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:31 pm

Trip, welcome to the board...if you have done any reading you know that we are here for building T&TTTs and sharing our love of the outdoors and camping...we get together whenever we can at several campouts around the country...if you decide to build, the "Generic Benroy" plans at the top of this page are hard to beat and can be used to build most any profile you would want and we will be here to offer advice and encouragment all along the way...if you decide to buy, there are several manufacturers out there that will build anything from an entry unit to a very customized set up...read and enjoy...it's is one heck of an adventure...
madjack 8)

P.S....very rarely do we resort to handing out purple Kool-Aid :D :lol: ;)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby IndyCubby » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:25 pm

Hey Tripmaker,

Great to see another Hoosier on the forum! Welcome!

Next time we have a gathering or camp-out of some sort, you should come and join us.

Chris
4x8 Cubby
"Finished" October, 2005
Gone, but not forgotten!
IndyCubby
Teardrop Master

Postby Sonetpro » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:07 pm

Welcome Tripmaker,
You have the patience You just have to put your self on teardrop time. That means you don't have to rush it. Just take your time and enjoy the challenges that come with building. There is lot's of help here and the only price is pictures.

Now I want to know how Julie welcomed you before you even posted. :thinking:
}><)))'> ~--------------·´¯) SteveT
You don't know what the limit's are until you take it there.ImageImageImage
Sonetpro
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:43 pm

Welcome Tripmaker,
Pictures pictures pictures. You don't need patience, (they are for Dr.'s, Dentist and Psycs) Look around a while. Even if you buy, you might see a change you like.

Oh Yeah. It helps to have the bubble oil a bit low. 8) :lol:

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby KA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:23 am

Welcome Tripmaker,
Now you've done it. You're hooked like the rest of us. :lol: Have fun and enjoy the process.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby Tripmaker » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:42 am

KA wrote:Welcome Tripmaker,
Now you've done it. You're hooked like the rest of us. :lol: Have fun and enjoy the process.
Kris :)

Thanks everyone for the welcoming remarks. And you are right KA, I am hooked. This is now quickly becomming an obsession. I just spoke with a friend that has seen several teardrops on lots near Middlebury, IN. Northern Indiana is the RV manufacturing capital of the US. He believes there a a couple of teardrop manufacturers in the area. I'll have to check them out when I can get up that way.
Jim

I started with nothing and still have most of it left.
Tripmaker
500 Club

Postby sid » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:55 am

Hey Tripmaker... I sent you a PM on info about the Yoder Toter. They make a dandy 5x10. We just picked up a 5x8 from them last week and love it. Camped 3 nights on the road after picking it up and it is super.
sid n side
"If you're going through hell, keep going......" Winston Churchhill

Side by Side - completed October 2008
sid
Donating Member

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves