Greetings from Sydney, Australia

This is the place where you can introduce yourself, and include a photo if so desired.

Greetings from Sydney, Australia

Postby aussietanker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:23 am

Hi All and Greetings from "Down Under" .....

Just a short "official" introduction.

I live in Sydney, Australia.... i have been lurking around this forum for several months now, reading as many posts as i can ... trying to learn as much about TD's as possible ... and showing as many pics as i can to my wife (hoping that it will get the official " seal of approval" ;) )

In fact, i've been reading this forum for so long that i've actually forgotten how or why i first became interested in TD's. :oops: I really love the TD concept. It seems so practical and yet so "cute" ... as my wife puts it .... we have two small children and are keen to get some family time together camping while they are still little (4yo girl and 7yo boy as of 2006) ....

oh yes... i remember why i began to develop an interest in TD's now ....

Initially we looked at tent camping ... did a few trips but got real tired of spending half the weekend putting up and pulling down wet tents .... we then looked at the typical aussie camper trailers ... but they are super expensive ... most of the better ones costs around the $30 - $50K mark .... we feel that's just too much for something that we are only likely to use 3 or 4 weekends a year plus maybe a week or so once a year over school holidays ... we then considered hiring a camper trailer ... but unfortunately you need to book and pay a deposit a zillion years ahead of time .... and our holiday schedule is likely to be more "impromptu" than planned ..... we then looked at caravans and trudged around to a gazillion caravan yards ... but everything that we looked at that could accomodate 2 + 2 was huge .... we just couldn't find a compact caravan that would accomodate 2+2
:shock:

then somehow we stumbled onto the T@B ... but were very dissappointed to find that unfortunately here in Aussie they do not have the clamshell model with the TD style rear hatch and galley or the larger (but still compact ) 2 + 2 bunk bed model that is sold in Germany..... then somehow we went from the T@B to the TD concept :D ... and now we got the bug :thumbsup:

Both my wife and i work in our own business. We work long hours and don't get a lot of time off ... but we occassionally get sort breaks here and there, usually at short notice .... so we both really love the idea of having a TD that is small and compact (well, smallish anyway... more on that later ;) ) ... that we can keep already loaded with the camping "basics" ... that is easy to tow .... that doesn't weigh a ton .... that doesn't cost a small fortune to buy, make or build ... that keeps us dry and cool .... that we can just hook up and head off to a campsite with the kids whenever the opportunity arises...

I have seen so many great builds and great ideas here that i am excited about the idea of building our own .... and making it fit to our needs .... that's the great thing about TD's ... they are sooooo individual :)

anyway ... i look fwd to sharing our TD journey with you all over the next few months :) ... and of course posting lots of pics :R

with kind regards
aussie
Last edited by aussietanker on Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
With Kind Regards from "Down Under"
AussieTanker
aussietanker
Donating Member

Postby madjack » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:32 am

welcome aboard...the reasons you find TD's attractive is virtually the same for all of us...we look forward to seeing what you come up so don't forget the pictures...by the way...ya gotta first name besides aussie...we got too many of you blokes from down under to call ya aussie...afterall they might think we were givin' them a shout :D
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby aussietanker » Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:57 am

Thanks for the welcome madjack ....

don't worry ... i am planning on plenty of pics :D

as for the name ... i guess we are all often called aussie :oops: ... how about AT ?
With Kind Regards from "Down Under"
AussieTanker
aussietanker
Donating Member

Postby KA » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:04 am

Wecome! It is great fun to meet teardrop enthusiasts from around the world. Hope you have as much fun as we do here on the site and with your teardrop build and adventures.
Kris :)
KA
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:21 pm

:applause: Welcome AT,
Glad you came out! 8) I look forward to seeing what you make.

Enjoy
Aunti M
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Return to Newbies, Introduce yourselves